5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooper ATP2, Cooper AT3, Pirelli Scorpion

deanno33

Reaction score
Ended up getting the Cooper ATP2's. They look pretty great. I left the blue on since my new truck won't be here for a while and figured I could clean then up at that time. With the discount tire sale it was $785 total installed. Not too bad. Size is 275/60/20

Attachments

• 20210901_161026.jpg
    20210901_161026.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 155
  • 20210901_161039.jpg
    20210901_161039.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 153

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
giphy.gif

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Srcargill

Reaction score
I am getting these installed on Tuesday and can't wait! I'll post pictures as well. I'm in the same situation as you here in Michigan. I wanted an aggressive looking tire, wasn't looking to break the bank, and didn't want a loud AT tire. Price, looks, mileage warranty wise it was a no brainer.

Last edited:

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am getting these installed on Tuesday and can't wait! I'll post pictures as well. I'm in the same situation as you here in Michigan. I wanted an aggressive looking tire, wasn't looking to break the bank, and didn't want a loud AT tire. Price, looks, mileage warranty wise it was a no brainer.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk
Awesome. Please give us a review on them. I'm kinda torn on what tires I want to get, that I can go up to 35" tires because I do some minor offroading.

Had toyo open country at3...looks great, but a little much road noise for me.

Had cooper discoverer at3 on my old ram before I traded it in. Nice. Quiet and soft tire, but not as aggressive as I want them to be.

Can't beat the tried and true bfgoodrick k02. Had them on a 1999 dakota back in the day. Super Quiet.

Looking forward to the stock falcon wildpeak at3 and see how they feel and perform.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

deanno33

Reaction score

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk
Cool. I looked at the AT3 next to the ATP and the ATP have deeper tread and look more aggressive for sure. Still good reviews from a noise standpoint too. Wish I could give a review but it will be a while unfortunately....

ktl5005

Reaction score
I’m looking at the AT3 4S or Toyo At3 for my Likited primarily because both have the mountain symbol for severe weather.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m looking at the AT3 4S or Toyo At3 for my Likited primarily because both have the mountain symbol for severe weather.

Here…if it helps any. 285/60 r20 on my old 2020 Laramie, before I traded her in. I did have a rough country leveling strut installed…that’s why I was measuring in one of my pics.
e4734aa21a2c5391731c37d0b9b041fa.jpg

af31ce91d9c1d2fc2c35c63a65deeb5c.jpg

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Srcargill

Reaction score
Purchased a set of Cooper Discoverer ATP II's earlier this week and very happy so far with my purchase. I have a 19 Big Horn Sport v8 etorque with 20" rims and jumped up to 275/60 R20's from the standard 55's. There is a little bit of rubbing but only on my Husky mud guards. I might remove them becuase of the tires but well see because it only happens at full turn of the wheel. I was a bit nervous about them because they are BRAND new, no real reviews out there since they are Discount Tire exclusive, and the more expensive Cooper Discoverer models are not as highly regarded/rated as others at 230-300 per tire price point but pulled the trigger anyways. I choose these for a few reason:
1 - I wanted an all terrain that had an aggressive side wall but didnt want it them to be to loud or lower my MPG.
2 - I am not going to be off roading that much, maybe less than 5% of my tires lifetime.
2 - Had to come from Discount Tire because they have been amazing to me and my family for years.
3 - The price and mileage warranty was unmatched for the side wall profile looks and not super all terrain tread like a KO2, Falken's or Toyo's.
4 - I was narrowed down to these or the Pirelli Scorpions and the guy at Discount Tire said he wouldn't recommend them to really anyone unless they were persistent about getting them. These were around $30-40 cheaper as well!

I was able to price match them to some random as heck company that was selling them for $174.93 instead of $190. All 4 were $699.72 and out the door with installation, disposal of the OEM Bridgestone's, taxes, etc. it came out to $836.30 which I was very pleased with!

Driving so far they feel pretty much what I expected and no real road noise at all at high speeds. They grip the road very well and no wobbly sensation at high speeds like some more aggressive AT's I've driven. I have only put a hundred or so miles on them so the long term review at 30k plus is what will really matter but all positives at this time.

IMG_20210910_132123__01.jpg IMG_20210910_132130__01.jpg IMG_20210910_132100__01.jpg IMG_20210910_132109__01.jpg

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks great. Love the tread design and I bet you that they are aloy softer than stock.

By any chance are they "3 peak mountain snow " rated...like the ko2, wildpeak, and toyo at3? It would have a snowflake symbol on the tire next to the ATP.

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Srcargill

Reaction score
Looks great. Love the tread design and I bet you that they are aloy softer than stock.

By any chance are they "3 peak mountain snow " rated...like the ko2, wildpeak, and toyo at3? It would have a snowflake symbol on the tire next to the ATP.

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

They are not 3 peak rated like the more expensive all terrains. That could be a deal breaker for some but that is probably why they do have a 60k tread warranty but $190 a pop compared to $230+. That wasn't to much of a deal breaker for me as I won't be doing anything aggressive off road, especially in the winter. I do live in Michigan and we sure get snow but if my all season stock tires did fine in the snow these will do even better!

Any issues with speedometer being off going from a 55 sidewall to 60?
From reports I hear in this forum, when driving 70 mph you might actually be going 71-72 mph. I haven't specifically tested that yet but just something I will be mindful of.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Around here Fleet Farm has the AT3 buy 3 get 4th free a few times a year. My dad just got them on his 2012 Silverado and really likes the. I will probably get those a year from now.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are not 3 peak rated like the more expensive all terrains. That could be a deal breaker for some but that is probably why they do have a 60k tread warranty but $190 a pop compared to $230+. That wasn't to much of a deal breaker for me as I won't be doing anything aggressive off road, especially in the winter. I do live in Michigan and we sure get snow but if my all season stock tires did fine in the snow these will do even better!

From reports I hear in this forum, when driving 70 mph you might actually be going 71-72 mph. I haven't specifically tested that yet but just something I will be mindful of.
Hey...if they perform well in the north east winters here, I would be interested.

I do some mild off roading...nothing crazy or deep...because my wife has the jeep, so she can pull me out of stuff...lol

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

1D32319

Reaction score

It was hard for me to find a quality in stock 3PMSF in LT275/60/20 around here(mid/northern NH). I do like the look of the ATPs though.

LT Toyo AT3s aren't made in that size, D rated BFGs were at the low end of my list as I've had too many problems with them, D rated Falken Wildpeaks were backordered like crazy and their price went thrugh the roof compared to when I put some on my Tacoma-that and I don't like the look, E Cooper AT3 XLTs were almost $300 and are slightly fugly compared to the original AT3, so I ended up putting on a brand a lot of my friends ran when I was in AK-E rated Nokians for 250 each. Happy so far, but I've only had them a week and it isn't winter yet.

Why LT tires? Personal preference-I absolutely detest soft tires and I tend to "overdo" things. Not just for driveability, but for holding up to cuts, bumps, & bruises.

21RamBigHornBlk

Reaction score
I just bought the ATP2 from discount tire direct in 34" ( 275/65/20) I don't have them mounted yet, to I needed to wait for my TPMS sensors for my new wheels. This true has everything I was looking for. Aggressive look with long mile warranty. I'm happy to see others considering it and buying it. I owned the previous ATP tires and loved them on my 2018 limited.

Attachments

• 20210906_131117.jpg
    20210906_131117.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 20210902_150531.jpg
    20210902_150531.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 20210902_150905.jpg
    20210902_150905.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 82

Hadit55

Reaction score
Purchased a set of Cooper Discoverer ATP II's earlier this week and very happy so far with my purchase. I have a 19 Big Horn Sport v8 etorque with 20" rims and jumped up to 275/60 R20's from the standard 55's. There is a little bit of rubbing but only on my Husky mud guards. I might remove them becuase of the tires but well see because it only happens at full turn of the wheel. I was a bit nervous about them because they are BRAND new, no real reviews out there since they are Discount Tire exclusive, and the more expensive Cooper Discoverer models are not as highly regarded/rated as others at 230-300 per tire price point but pulled the trigger anyways. I choose these for a few reason:
1 - I wanted an all terrain that had an aggressive side wall but didnt want it them to be to loud or lower my MPG.
2 - I am not going to be off roading that much, maybe less than 5% of my tires lifetime.
2 - Had to come from Discount Tire because they have been amazing to me and my family for years.
3 - The price and mileage warranty was unmatched for the side wall profile looks and not super all terrain tread like a KO2, Falken's or Toyo's.
4 - I was narrowed down to these or the Pirelli Scorpions and the guy at Discount Tire said he wouldn't recommend them to really anyone unless they were persistent about getting them. These were around $30-40 cheaper as well!

I was able to price match them to some random as heck company that was selling them for $174.93 instead of $190. All 4 were $699.72 and out the door with installation, disposal of the OEM Bridgestone's, taxes, etc. it came out to $836.30 which I was very pleased with!

Driving so far they feel pretty much what I expected and no real road noise at all at high speeds. They grip the road very well and no wobbly sensation at high speeds like some more aggressive AT's I've driven. I have only put a hundred or so miles on them so the long term review at 30k plus is what will really matter but all positives at this time.

View attachment 105175 View attachment 105176 View attachment 105177 View attachment 105178
Those look awesome! Im thinking I want the same exact tires on my stock suspension Big Horn (with 20” wheels) but am concerned about rubbing. Has this presented any issue for you?

Kdawg4wheels

Reaction score

View attachment 105175 View attachment 105176 View attachment 105177 View attachment 105178
After using these for a while, were you happy you purchased them/would you purchase again?

Srcargill

Reaction score
After using these for a while, were you happy you purchased them/would you purchase again?
I have put roughly 15k miles on them so far I am very pleased with how they are holding up tread wise and performance. I don't drive to often on gravel/dirt roads but when I do it is def better than the stock wheels. In the winter I am more than confident in the tires ability to perform. I mainly drive on the freeway to work so glad they are holding up tread wise.

I recommend them to anyone looking for a more aggressive looking tire but you don't want to pay for a higher priced All Terrain tire. I did loose a little MPG from the stock tires, avg 17-19mpg now compared to 21-23mpg, so if you purely want them for show and never will actually need them for dirt/snow you better be willing to make the slight sacrifice.

Franky350

Reaction score
I've searched around but there doesn't seem to be many reviews on the ATP 2 tires. Discount tire exclusive I guess. Anyone running these?

I'm searching for a 33" standard load AT tire, with OWL (think I'm going white letter this time). VERY few options for 33" with OWL outside of the three above (Revos and Destination AT as well I guess). There are quite a few reviews on he AT3 and Scorpions but not much on the ATP2 (which looks like a nice tire) Anyone have experience with a couple of these and can offer opinions and comparisons?

I'd be getting 275/60/20. I am 95% highway but also hit backroads/logging roads during hunting season and lakes for ice fishing. Live in WI so plenty of snow and ice too.
Hey deanno33,
I know it’s an old thread, but could you give an update on the ATP II if you actually got them? Especially interested innride comfor (soft/ harsh?) and noise.
thanks so much!

Franky350

Reaction score

Hey SrCargill,
I know it’s an old thread, but could you give an update on the ATP II if you actually got them? Especially interested innride comfor (soft/ harsh?) and noise. I am about to pull the trigger. Running Bridgestone Revos currently.
thanks so much!

Users who are viewing this thread