5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Constitutional carry

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There is no constitutional right to breed. The fact that the 2nd amendment exists already has the government controlling firearms.
There is no constitutional right to bear arms either. There is however a constitutional amendment stating that your right (not granted by constitution or any government) shall not be infringed upon by the government.

Take that class prior to breeding another mass murderer. It should be mandated by the government!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thats all up to interpretation. The 2nd amendment grants that right and says it shall not be infringed on. Without the 2nd amendment, there is no "right to bear arms"
There is no constitutional right to bear arms either. There is however a constitutional amendment stating that your right (not granted by constitution or any government) shall not be infringed upon by the government.

Take that class prior to breeding another mass murderer. It should be mandated by the government!

Dewey

Reaction score
And Hunters safety teaches basic gun safety. You don't think someone, who has never had any exposure or experience with a firearm, would benefit from a firearm safety class in order to legally own a firearm?
That’s exactly why I said it should be an option if somebody wants it but shouldn’t be required.

Minors hunting and adults using concealed carry are very different situations.

Dewey

Reaction score
And pretty sure every state requires them to pass a driving test in order to do that.
So your agreeing that classes and a license does not magically eliminate all the morons?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So your agreeing that classes and a license does not magically eliminate all the morons?
Nothing will eliminate all the morons. But I guess you are okay with people, completely oblivious to any basic firearm safety items, or the laws governing their use to walk around with them. Probably some of the same idiots making the stupid videos of being pulled over and not complying with even the most basic courtesies, such as providing proof of license, registration, and insurance, and would rather argue their "rights", through a closed window, and just make things more difficult on everyone. Turning a 5 minute traffic stop with probably a verbal warning into a 30-45 minute, or longer, stop involving multiple officers, and more than likely an actual citation in the end.

Dewey

Reaction score
Nothing will eliminate all the morons. But I guess you are okay with people, completely oblivious to any basic firearm safety items, or the laws governing their use to walk around with them. Probably some of the same idiots making the stupid videos of being pulled over and not complying with even the most basic courtesies, such as providing proof of license, registration, and insurance, and would rather argue their "rights" and just make things more difficult on everyone. Turning a 5 minute traffic stop with probably a verbal warning into a 30-45 minute, or longer, stop involving multiple officers, and more than likely an actual citation in the end.
You can’t fix stupid no matter how many rules or laws you create.

Like I said make classes available to whoever wants them. Simple as that.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can’t fix stupid no matter how many rules or laws you create.
So then you want completely uneducated people carrying? Even criminals are usually smart enough to know they are breaking the laws. Ignorant people don't realize they are doing anything illegal.

Dewey

Reaction score
So then you want completely uneducated people carrying? Even criminals are usually smart enough to know they are breaking the laws. Ignorant people don't realize they are doing anything illegal.
We need less government regulation not more.

I realize you always need to be right but I’ll just say respect my position and I’ll respect yours. It’s a pretty simple concept. I gave my opinion and you gave yours. You can’t convince me anymore than I can convince you so let’s quit wasting time here going back and forth. It’s senseless.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Thats all up to interpretation. The 2nd amendment grants that right and says it shall not be infringed on. Without the 2nd amendment, there is no "right to bear arms"
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

No, there is no "up to interpretation". The right just is. Much like that right to breed. The Constitution says it shall not be infringed.

It does not say " the right to bear arms is granted and regulated by the government at its will".

Unfortunately, weak individuals have decreed it as so. It is sad. Wouldn't it just be better to stop producing the Tim McVeighs of the world? Follow that shining example of the Red Star.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I took a class to conceal carry. I never leave home without it. I also train several times a month with various toys. We are fortunate to have our own outdoor range. My wife is ex-military and she enjoys it too. We're in the process of educating our boys. Lots of safety rules.
And pretty sure every state requires them to pass a driving test in order to do that.
You honestly think that helps? Lol! I don't.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I took a class to conceal carry. I never leave home without it. I also train several times a month with various toys. We are fortunate to have our own outdoor range. My wife is ex-military and she enjoys it too. We're in the process of educating our boys. Lots of safety rules.

You honestly think that helps? Lol! I don't.
It reduces ignorance. do you honestly think Joe blow down the street who has never handled a gun in his life, other than when he bought it, should be carrying around your family,.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very valid points but there are always risks with such responsibility. I do seriously worry more when my wife and kids are on a road trip without me. Unfortunately Joe blow probably already checks all the boxes you mentioned. But you're right, we may see a slight increase in annual Darwin awards. :)

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
should people be trained before firearm ownership? I personally think so but I do not believe it's the government's right to mandate.
should people know when to walk away? I personally think so too but I also do not believe it's the government's job mandate.

Government's job is to pave the damn streets, provide basic infrastructure, and leave the rest to the individuals. No welfare, no social programs, no sticking its nose where it doesn't belong. Leave individuals to do their own thinking and decision making. Will there be chaos? Sure there will, but it's a process. Will there be dead people? Sure there will, but it's still a process. Do I care if people die because of this? No, I don't really care. We all going to die one day; when it's time to go it's time to go.

irishwake63

Reaction score
I live in FL and have been licensed to carry for many years and I also feel the same way that training is not involved as it clearly should be not training on how to shoot training on WHEN to shoot. I just renewed my license before it was passed as I like the ability to not have to wait 3 days if I want to purchase another firearm.

irishwake63

Reaction score
I don't think it will be as bad as people would like to make it out to be. As has already been stated, bad people aren't following rules anyway, so why not allow it to be easier for normal people to defend themselves.

As far as a "waiting period", in Ohio that is only for guns purchased through a dealer or retailer. Person-to-person purchases are not regulated, or even tracked, so that law is almost a moot point. I would imagine other states are similar.
Its not bad people that we should be worried about its the people you cut off in traffic thinking that guy flipped me off and I have a gun so I cant get my **** kicked.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Firearm training used to be taught in high schools, need to bring that back.
How long ago was that? Was never taught during my time in school in 80s and 90s, and I went to school in small town conservative Nebraska where guns are part of growing up.

They still do weapons training in JROTC

irishwake63

Reaction score
Firearm training used to be taught in high schools, need to bring that back.
me neither I went to school in the 70s and everyone had rifles in their back windows of trucks and never had firearms training till the military

Users who are viewing this thread