5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Constitutional carry

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It is ashame to think that teaching the laws of your state in your states civics class would not be allowed.
Or that kids in middle school(at least that's when my state history class was taught) would care about them. And of course laws never change, so why would you want new gun owners to know current laws, right?

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Or that kids in middle school(at least that's when my state history class was taught) would care about them. And of course laws never change, so why would you want new gun owners to know current laws, right?
Like you say, they change all the time. If you don't keep up on your own, what good is government mandated learning doing? Keep mandating yearly? Monthly? When does government infringement of something that is not to be infringed upon stop?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Like you say, they change all the time. If you don't keep up on your own, what good is government mandated learning doing? Keep mandating yearly? Monthly? When does government infringement of something that is not to be infringed upon stop?
Once you make the decision to get a gun, yes, keep up on your own. Having a class available for new gun owners to learn them isn't a bad idea. Anyone that thinks otherwise isn't a very responsible gun owner. Doesn't have to be a pass/fail class, and could be free. Trying to interpret laws and how they are written would be hard for most people.

Dewey

Reaction score
I think the class is a good idea. Most people don't know most of the basic gun laws in thier state. The classes teach that at least. Or should be. I know my CCW class was mostly about the gun laws and understanding what is legal use and what isn't. The shooting part was just to make sure, as you said, you know which end of the gun to point away from you.
In WI all that was required for me to get my concealed carry license first available in 2011 was a copy of my Hunter Safety Certificate. Considering most got those when they were barely teens that’s a pretty lenient requirement. I had to figure the laws out myself. Wasn’t that hard.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
In WI all that was required for me to get my concealed carry license first available in 2011 was a copy of my Hunter Safety Certificate. Considering most got those when they were barely teens that’s a pretty lenient requirement. I had to figure the laws out myself. Wasn’t that hard.
So then you would agree that if there was a class it would be a good idea for some people

Dewey

Reaction score
So then you would agree that if there was a class it would be a good idea for some people
Anybody without a Hunter Safety Permit is required to take a firearm class in WI unless you are ex military, law enforcement of security that had previous training.

Nothing wrong with people taking a class if they want but I don’t think it should be required. Anybody can legally open carry so I don’t believe in extra restrictions just because it’s concealed nor should I be required to carry a permit. That’s just me.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Once you make the decision to get a gun, yes, keep up on your own. Having a class available for new gun owners to learn them isn't a bad idea. Anyone that thinks otherwise isn't a very responsible gun owner. Doesn't have to be a pass/fail class, and could be free. Trying to interpret laws and how they are written would be hard for most people.
Knowledge free for anyone is a great thing. Government mandated regulation of that knowledge infringing on the constitution and our natural rights is an awful thing.

There is a line. Some claim "a firearm can take a life and should be regulated". That statement is ridiculous since really the person using the tool is taking the life.

Do we require government mandated tests before breeding? In reality that spawn conceived in a drunken rut on the strangers bathroom sink at a party used his deadly booger hook to pull the trigger.

Someone could have had mandatory government training prior to bringing that deadly weapon to bear on the world.

Or, we can breed as we please and live free.

Carry on.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There are a lot more morons driving around than there are conceal carrying in this country. Lol
And pretty sure every state requires them to pass a driving test in order to do that.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody without a Hunter Safety Permit is required to take a firearm class in WI unless you are ex military, law enforcement of security that had previous training.

Nothing wrong with people taking a class if they want but I don’t think it should be required. Anybody can legally open carry so I don’t believe in extra restrictions just because it’s concealed nor should I be required to carry a permit. That’s just me.
Then just open carry all the time. Why do you need to carry concealed?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Knowledge free for anyone is a great thing. Government mandated regulation of that knowledge infringing on the constitution and our natural rights is an awful thing.

There is a line. Some claim "a firearm can take a life and should be regulated". That statement is ridiculous since really the person using the tool is taking the life.

Do we require government mandated tests before breeding? In reality that spawn conceived in a drunken rut on the strangers bathroom sink at a party used his deadly booger hook to pull the trigger.

Someone could have had mandatory government training prior to bringing that deadly weapon to bear on the world.

Or, we can breed as we please and live free.

Carry on.
There is no constitutional right to breed. The fact that the 2nd amendment exists already has the government controlling firearms.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
You can take classes, and know your rights. Unfortunately, you could still be thrown in jail, and prosecuted, even though you didn’t break the law. Depends on where you live I guess.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Do you also disagree with requiring hunters safety classes for minors to hunt?

Dewey

Reaction score
Do you also disagree with requiring hunters safety classes for minors to hunt?
Kids are different. Obviously hunter safety classes should be required and have been for anybody born after 1973. I was exempt but still completed the course.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Kids are different. Obviously hunter safety classes should be required and have been for anybody born after 1973. I was exempt but still completed the course.
Why are kids different? The Constitution doesn't say, right to bear arms, unless you are under 18. And many kids are more mature, and make better decisions, than a lot of adults.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And Hunters safety teaches basic gun safety. You don't think someone, who has never had any exposure or experience with a firearm, would benefit from a firearm safety class in order to legally own a firearm?

Users who are viewing this thread