5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comparison - Pedal Commander vs Pulsar

MF2020

Reaction score
Installed my PC Monday. I put it on City 2 and I am afraid this thing is going to get me in trouble if I turn it up. May have to try Sport + sometime just to say I experienced it. Great mod and worth the $$$. Only gave $220 new for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, it is "scary" fun, isn't it!! Super fast throttle response turns the truck into an animal. I don't have it on all the time but it surprises the heck out of me every time I use it. Nice mod. enjoy! You got a great price, congrats.

Heli-Pilot

Reaction score
Installed my PC Monday. I put it on City 2 and I am afraid this thing is going to get me in trouble if I turn it up. May have to try Sport + sometime just to say I experienced it. Great mod and worth the $$$. Only gave $220 new for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fun isn't it! I still have mine on sport but agree, need to try sport + 4 just for the hell of it! Turn it all the way up!
Great deal you got, well worth the money! Enjoy and stay outta trouble!

DesertRebel

Reaction score
PC is a must have (imo)... it makes the truck behave like it should have from the factory.

I posted similarly in another thread > I recently got out of F-150 2.7 EcoBoost with 3.73 axle ratio - it was super snappy and a lot of fun... when I got the Rebel I was a bit disappointed with the lack of throttle response...

I hadn't read any forums prior to the above... my cousin is a big Ram fan and I expressed my concerns to him - he said it was a common complaint and told me about the Pedal Commander... I did some brief internet research and was pretty convinced the thing would do what I needed so I ordered (nice surprise that it was 50 off with XMAS50 code)...

I installed it Christmas day and it absolutley brought the truck where it should be. Power is not a problem with this truck, lack of throttle response is - with the PC that problem is gone! Now my Rebel is every bit as capable as the EcoBoost.

It is not hype and it's not placebo - the thing plain works and as far as I'm concerned is a must have. A buddy of mine ordered one for his Warlock around the same time as me - same impressions.

PC by far is worth the small price. I have to believe it's the best bang for buck mod for this truck.

If you're on the fense, fear not - I'm positive you won't be disappointed. As to comparisons to Pulsar - I had read about that unit when researching PC... while I'm not dissuading anyone, I don't really feel the need for one (at this time).

Micholder

Reaction score
I looked at both and wound up going with the Pulsar, mostly for the ability to correct the speedometer when I changed to 35" tires. I am very happy with my decision. I have taken the truck in for a couple of recalls since putting it on and have not gotten any blow back from the service department.

JR Sklader

Reaction score
I looked at both and wound up going with the Pulsar, mostly for the ability to correct the speedometer when I changed to 35" tires. I am very happy with my decision. I have taken the truck in for a couple of recalls since putting it on and have not gotten any blow back from the service department.
I just ordered the Pulsar this morning, I also when with it for the ability to correct my speedometer. I can't wait to play with it

Toothninja

Reaction score
Also keep in mind that, at this time, 2020 Rams are NOT compatible with the Pulsar. Just an FYI, since I did not know that before I purchased mine...I’m still holding out hope that they will get it done relatively soon...

MF2020

Reaction score
Also keep in mind that, at this time, 2020 Rams are NOT compatible with the Pulsar. Just an FYI, since I did not know that before I purchased mine...I’m still holding out hope that they will get it done relatively soon...
Interesting! I have been viewing some of the YouTube videos of this product and it looks like a quality component for sure. I have the Pedal Commander now and love it but always looking to consider new stuff. But thanks for the update on the 2020 available, or lack thereof. I'll be watching for this product.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got my Pedal Commander today but haven’t had a chance to install yet. Ordered on the 23rd with free 2 day shipping through Fedex. It didn’t get shipped until the 26th (understandable with Christmas right in there) but took 4 days to physically ship to me even though it said 2-day Fedex.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had a PC on my 2017 Raptor, liked it but switched it out for MPT Tunes which I liked much better. Decided to just go with Pulsar for the new Ram. Acts very much like the PC as far as throttle inputs go. Trans always seems to be in the correct gear, and that annoying delayed 2nd to 1st downshift when coming to a stop has completely disappeared. I've played with Tow & Performance Modes. Think I'm settled in on Performance. The ease of use through the steering wheel is what makes the Pulsar a better choice IMHO, as performance between the two is comparable. I will also add that I got the Pulsar at a price similar to the PC which made my decision much easier

MF2020

Reaction score
Finally got my Pedal Commander today but haven’t had a chance to install yet. Ordered on the 23rd with free 2 day shipping through Fedex. It didn’t get shipped until the 26th (understandable with Christmas right in there) but took 4 days to physically ship to me even though it said 2-day Fedex.
Hook that baby up, Sport+ 4 and hang on!! LOL

MF2020

Reaction score
Had a PC on my 2017 Raptor, liked it but switched it out for MPT Tunes which I liked much better. Decided to just go with Pulsar for the new Ram. Acts very much like the PC as far as throttle inputs go. Trans always seems to be in the correct gear, and that annoying delayed 2nd to 1st downshift when coming to a stop has completely disappeared. I've played with Tow & Performance Modes. Think I'm settled in on Performance. The ease of use through the steering wheel is what makes the Pulsar a better choice IMHO, as performance between the two is comparable. I will also add that I got the Pulsar at a price similar to the PC which made my decision much easier
Did you have the Cell Phone App for your PC? It's pretty convenient to have the PC Module under the dash and then work the program with the App. But I can see how having the controls on the wheel could be great too. I'm really thinking hard about this product. Thanks for your input here.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you have the Cell Phone App for your PC? It's pretty convenient to have the PC Module under the dash and then work the program with the App. But I can see how having the controls on the wheel could be great too. I'm really thinking hard about this product. Thanks for your input here.
I did not have the BT link. The center display above the speedo looks factory when switching between settings. One downside to it, it always displays the audio input when you first start the truck, a toggle must be made to display which drive mode you’re in.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also, if you already have the PC, don’t think it would be worth the costs to switch. The two are comparable in what I consider the usable range. Pulsar will not give you Performance +4 (if I remember the settings correctly) which I considered completely unusable on the Raptor. Too Twitchy

MF2020

Reaction score
I did not have the BT link. The center display above the speedo looks factory when switching between settings. One downside to it, it always displays the audio input when you first start the truck, a toggle must be made to display which drive mode you’re in.
I could live with that. I'm always switching that around when I drive anyway. This is good info. We will see what they do for the 2020's

MF2020

Reaction score
Also, if you already have the PC, don’t think it would be worth the costs to switch. The two are comparable in what I consider the usable range. Pulsar will not give you Performance +4 (if I remember the settings correctly) which I considered completely unusable on the Raptor. Too Twitchy
Yes, "Twitchy" is a great way to describe that. Definitely not that mode for NYC driving which I often do a lot of. But where I live near the Adirondack Mountains it's all good!!

DesertRebel

Reaction score
About to hook it up. What setting should I start with?
Not to respond for MF202, but I started on Sport +1 and immediately noticed the response (even with light throttle getting out of driveway)... I've gone between Sport +1, 2, 3 and prefer +2 (for now).

I haven't gone into Sport plus (can't imagine any usability with offroad tires)... I should try some of the lower settings though, to see if my crappy MPG improves (high 12s)

I suggest starting at Sport +1 and fine tune to your preference. You will find yourself modulating accelerator pedal different.

Have fun - let us know qyour impressions.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not to respond for MF202, but I started on Sport +1 and immediately noticed the response (even with light throttle getting out of driveway)... I've gone between Sport +1, 2, 3 and prefer +2 (for now).

I haven't gone into Sport plus (can't imagine any usability with offroad tires)... I should try some of the lower settings though, to see if my crappy MPG improves (high 12s)

I suggest starting at Sport +1 and fine tune to your preference. You will find yourself modulating accelerator pedal different.

Have fun - let us know qyour impressions.

When I plugged it in it started itself on Sport+ and 0 so I immediately put it down to Eco -4 to see how low it can go. I will say it wasn’t as bad as I expected and kept it in a high gear a lot. Switched to regular Sport and 0. Going to fool with it from there.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Put it in Sport + and plus 4 and floored it. Then this picture happened. Told me to service throttle and traction control.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 106

Users who are viewing this thread