5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comparison - Pedal Commander vs Pulsar

RamOwner

Reaction score
From what I've read, both the Pedal Commander and the Pulsar are safe methods (i.e., they won't void your warranty) of improving throttle response. Other features asid, has anyone done a real world comparison of the two related to throttle response? Which do you prefer and why?

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ive
From what I've read, both the Pedal Commander and the Pulsar are safe methods (i.e., they won't void your warranty) of improving throttle response. Other features asid, has anyone done a real world comparison of the two related to throttle response? Which do you prefer and why?
I've had both and the best imo is the pedal commander. These trucks have plenty of power what we need is throttle response and with the PC you can have the response you want. You can fine tune it to what you want(it has alot of mode levels). The pulsar was nice but the pedal commander is way more fun.

j517

Reaction score
Pedal commander on my second unit had one on my 1500 not have one on my 2500. Have not tried the pulsar. I do t fell like taking something off every time I go to the stealership. The PC I just turn it off and they dont even know or care about

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

lockdpain

Reaction score
I've got both installed & you wouldn't believe the difference in the truck with both either turned all the way up or in eco-mode, with both in eco-mode I average 25.3mpg on the highway. With both turned up all the way the truck wants to spin the tires, but both in tow mode the performance is there + 20.6 mpg's.

MF2020

Reaction score
Any more opinions? Trying to decide between the two
I was torn between the Pedal Commander and the Sprint Booster. I decided to purchase the Pedal Commander. It can be hidden under the dash with the supplied cradle and operated from your cell phone with an excellent application. It works on the fly to turn on or off and to change modes instantly. Easy and clean install, 10 minutes. Super quick throttle response is neck-snapping fun. Absolutely love this thing, LOL, LOL!! Haven't tried Eco Mode yet and actually may never since that's not what I bought it for. No check engine lights or any other issues so far. Good luck with your decision.

Heli-Pilot

Reaction score
Pedal Commander has $50 off Xmas sale on their site right now! $249 and free shipping, great deal that made it easier to decide! I ordered one, it'll be here Monday.

Heli-Pilot

Reaction score
Posted this over in general but thought I'd add it here too in case OP has not pulled the trigger on one yet!

My Pedal Commander arrived today, after the very difficult 5 minute installation, I set it on Sport and went for a Costco run. Holy s!#t! What am incredible product! My driver's license is in serious jeopardy now! Does this thing come with a Get Outta Jail free card? Seriously, even on Sport mode, the RAM now feels like the Charger RT I love so much! (Wanted to buy a Scat Pack but it wouldn't pull my travel trailer or haul my dirtbike!) WOW, WOW, WOW! I now have the best of both! The lazy throttle response was driving me crazy, that is long gone now! Just pressing on the pedal as I have become accustomed to stock, that Hemi responds NOW, and with fury! At 52yrs old, I'm driving like a teenager! May have to dial it back until I grow up a little! If you are even considering something like this, go for it!! Especially now, they have 50 bucks off for xmas which makes it a great deal!

CrookedLetta

Reaction score
Does the pedal commander or sprint booster uninstall more easily? For dealership visits.

Heli-Pilot

Reaction score
Does the pedal commander or sprint booster uninstall more easily? For dealership visits.
The Pedal Commander you simply can turn off or use the handy app to put it in ECO mode! I hid mine up under the dash and can control it with bluetooth and their awesome app!

If you wanted to remove it completely, it takes all of 2 minutes at most. Unplug from pedal and O E harness, plug OE back into pedal. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!

MF2020

Reaction score
Posted this over in general but thought I'd add it here too in case OP has not pulled the trigger on one yet!

My Pedal Commander arrived today, after the very difficult 5 minute installation, I set it on Sport and went for a Costco run. Holy s!#t! What am incredible product! My driver's license is in serious jeopardy now! Does this thing come with a Get Outta Jail free card? Seriously, even on Sport mode, the RAM now feels like the Charger RT I love so much! (Wanted to buy a Scat Pack but it wouldn't pull my travel trailer or haul my dirtbike!) WOW, WOW, WOW! I now have the best of both! The lazy throttle response was driving me crazy, that is long gone now! Just pressing on the pedal as I have become accustomed to stock, that Hemi responds NOW, and with fury! At 52yrs old, I'm driving like a teenager! May have to dial it back until I grow up a little! If you are even considering something like this, go for it!! Especially now, they have 50 bucks off for xmas which makes it a great deal!
DITTO!! To everything above!!

MF2020

Reaction score
You do not remove either device, you simply turn them off. However, the Pedal Commander has a really cool application that allows you to use in from your cell phone so that the main module can be hidden in a supplied cradle underneath your dash. Turn it off when you go to the dealer so that the service tech doesn't get surprised by the massive throttle response and end up slamming into another vehicle in the shop. LOL . Seriously, this is one of the best upgrades I have purchased. So much fun to use although I leave it off most of the time and just use it for fun or when friends are in the vehicle. The highest setting is Sport+4 and it is absolutely ferocious, whiplash style fun!! Hope this information helps you.

Stickerhead

Reaction score
Installed my PC Monday. I put it on City 2 and I am afraid this thing is going to get me in trouble if I turn it up. May have to try Sport + sometime just to say I experienced it. Great mod and worth the $$$. Only gave $220 new for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/