5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold air intake

Bbons

Reaction score
Just looking for someone who has installed cold air intake in their 1500. Seeking pros and cons!
Thank you in advance

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just looking for someone who has installed cold air intake in their 1500. Seeking pros and cons!
Thank you in advance
Do it for looks only, because there is no performance to be gained from installing one.

And lots of threads about them. Search and do a little reading.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pro : Make cool noise

Con: Waste of money with no real hp gain unless you have other engine mods and tune.

Stock intake has good flow, put a k&n drop in or similar and call it a day.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
l'll disagree with the others, as I installed the Mopar CAI and noticed a slight difference, PLUS the stock exhaust ( NOT intake noise ) got louder once installed. Take it for what it is.

* waits for comment about some scientific BS :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
l'll disagree with the others, as I installed the Mopar CAI and noticed a slight difference, PLUS the stock exhaust ( NOT intake noise ) got louder once installed. Take it for what it is.

Here's my "scientific bs". If you followed directions, and disconnected the battery during install, that was the cause of your "slight difference" as all the saved adaptives were reset in the PCM. It probably felt like you had a little better throttle response, maybe slightly quicker shifts.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's my "scientific bs". If you followed directions, and disconnected the battery during install, that was the cause of your "slight difference" as all the saved adaptives were reset in the PCM. It probably felt like you had a little better throttle response, maybe slightly quicker shifts.
Nope, didn't disconnect to make STOCK exhaust louder :ROFLMAO:

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Don't underestimate the human factor, which can be geometric. Like the intake sound, therefore press harder on accelerator to get it to make that sound, which also makes more exhaust sound, therefore press harder to get that sound too.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, but nice try (y) :cool:
SOTP is very subjective and not a valid measurement when determining any performance gains. My Vararam intake helped my 0-60 times when first installed, but made zero difference in my 1/8 mile times at the drag strip.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Scientific BS:
I read that this bolt on plastic tube adds 25hp. Wow, it's $$$, but boy does it look cool. If I have 25 extra HP, I'll be lightning fast because this truck is already quick.

Whew! Saturday morning and I got it bolted on. I hope it was worth the $$$. Now for a test drive. ...... Man I am glad I spent those $$$! I'll be dusting all those Shelby Fords out there now! Wait till I pull away from one of those Challengers with a 392 Scat Pac. They think they have something. Whoooo! I am fast!

I'm getting a throttle body spacer next and heading to the track to shut down some Hellcats!

(Note: was driving a 1984 Toyota pickup before but it disintegrated into a pile of rust)

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Point being, people spend money expecting results so psychologically they will believe there are results.
Point being, you're wasting your time and take your BS elsewhere since you want to act like an *ss.

Nobody said this made a HUGE difference and also with the exhaust note being louder, that's proof enough for me it's doing something. Agree or don't, I don't give two sh*ts!!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Point being, you're wasting your time and take your BS elsewhere since you want to act like an *ss.

Nobody said this made a HUGE difference and also with the exhaust note being louder, that's proof enough for me it's doing something. Agree or don't, I don't give two sh*ts!!
Hearing the engine/exhaust more is a byproduct of installing one because you remove the factory intake that is designed to help keep the engine quiet. As most regular buyers want a quiet vehicle

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hearing the engine/exhaust more is a byproduct of installing one because you remove the factory intake that is designed to help keep the engine quiet. As most regular buyers want a quiet vehicle
You're right!! Is that what you wanna hear. There ya got it 🤣🤣🤣

Users who are viewing this thread