5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold air intake

irishwake63

Reaction score
Nothing to disagree with. It's been proven time and again the TB spacer makes zero difference. There is absolutely no way it can make a difference. And if you have one that has the spirals machines in, they actually restrict air flow.
I'm not saying the CAI might not have been the difference, on your jeep, but a TB spacer definitely wasn't. Don't believe me, use any internet search and read from real world testing, not manufacturer claims.
there are just as many reputable websites out there saying they do affect HP and throttle response in a good way that are sites that agree with your explanation maybe they dont work with every vehicle as much as others but I seen it felt it with my own eyes, I installed one on my Wrangler with the 3.6 and throttle response was noticeable and I was shaking my head that such a thing could even make that much of a difference and then when I put the CAI on it was night and day. Ill trust my own eyes and ears to what I did compared to any article I read either way. Its like the news, the truth varies from one source to another but you can always trust yourself. So lets just agree to disagree.

irishwake63

Reaction score
Ive did some reading on throttle body spacers and had a good result from the one I got from Rough Country and from some things I read its not the space that makes the biggest difference but the redirection or affect on the flow. On my RV the AC would blow down to the distro box in a flat area and cause turbulence I made a mod where it didnt hit a flat wall and then go to the ducts but more of a teepee with a slight curve in the ducts and not only did I get about 30 percent more air out of the ducts it drastically reduced the noise that my RV AC made without the turbulence and why wouldnt that affect how air is introduced into the combustion chamber? but once again I will stick with my experience of the addition.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
there are just as many reputable websites out there saying they do affect HP and throttle response in a good way that are sites that agree with your explanation maybe they dont work with every vehicle as much as others but I seen it felt it with my own eyes, I installed one on my Wrangler with the 3.6 and throttle response was noticeable and I was shaking my head that such a thing could even make that much of a difference and then when I put the CAI on it was night and day. Ill trust my own eyes and ears to what I did compared to any article I read either way. Its like the news, the truth varies from one source to another but you can always trust yourself. So lets just agree to disagree.
Both CAI and TB spacers won't really help unless your engine is heavily modified and tuned. The main purpose is to provide more plenum volume. If you're engine is choking from lack of air because it's been modified for much more power, a TB spacer can be used instead of changing the intake manifold. The intake system on a stock hemi motor is not your restriction. You may even have a power loss with a TB spacer.

For throttle response, your better off with a pedal commander, etc.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
On a carb they work. Fuel injection no. Do you have a link to the specific episode that they did fuel injection testing on with TB spacers? All I could find was one with carb spacers.
I don't know which episode it was, but it was injection. They have done a few with carbs spacers.

6of36

Reaction score
It prob worked on engine masters 600hp engine because it made their single plane carb intake have more plenum volume. I bet they gained 5 hp at 8k rpm or something like that
The carb spacer, pretty much. But the throttle body spacer did make a difference too.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
You'll find these guys know everything and you're just wasting your time with them. I'd bet majority of these guy have never even touched their intake, except to change the filter, if that. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I just touched mine the other day. I was cleaning the fan shroud and bumped it with my forearm. Does that count? 😆

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You'll find these guys know everything and you're just wasting your time with them. I'd bet majority of these guy have never even touched their intake, except to change the filter, if that. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I've never touched an engine or intake. Replaced lower intake manifold on my step sons truck Sunday.
PXL_20230917_175853951.jpg

Have rebuilt the engine on my 66 Dodge D100
IMG_20200404_175900.jpg IMG_20200411_125651.jpg IMG_20200425_125603.jpg

And have a fully built Dakota R/T that waiting on me to finish a 410 stroker engine for it 2729_1090140809052_2545513_n_zps9238f449.jpg

But, nah, I don't know what Im talking about. I here there is this awesome "chip" you can plug into your OBD port that automatically gives you 60hp and 6mpg. All you have to do is plug it in and it does everything else by itself. Should get one of those as well. I'm sure you'll be getting 25mpg instantly

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I've never touched an engine or intake. Replaced lower intake manifold on my step sons truck Sunday.

But, nah, I don't know what Im talking about. I here there is this awesome "chip" you can plug into your OBD port that automatically gives you 60hp and 6mpg. All you have to do is plug it in and it does everything else by itself. Should get one of those as well. I'm sure you'll be getting 25mpg instantly
Someone a little sensitive I see :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Still doesn't mean you're always right, but you do what the interwebs tell ya I see. Enjoy the stupidity!! :ROFLMAO:(y)

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Someone a little sensitive I see :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Still doesn't mean you're always right, but you do what the interwebs tell ya I see. Enjoy the stupidity!! :ROFLMAO:(y)
Nah, not sensitive. Just making sure people understand a throttle body spacer is going to do nothing for you. 99% of the time, any perceived increase is because they disconnected the battery during install and reset the PCM

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 167576

Have rebuilt the engine on my 66 Dodge D100
View attachment 167577 View attachment 167578 View attachment 167579

And have a fully built Dakota R/T that waiting on me to finish a 410 stroker engine for it View attachment 167581

I would have to see a dyno run for stock and then with this. Just plugging something into the OBD port REALLY needs some real world numbers for me to take it seriously and open my wallet.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would have to see a dyno run for stock and then with this. Just plugging something into the OBD port REALLY needs some real world numbers for me to take it seriously and open my wallet.
But people will drop $100 on a TB spacer that has been proven to make zero difference without a blink of an eyes simply because it's advertised to help.

I actually made money on a few TB spacers I pulled off vehicles in junkyard and throwing them on eBay many years ago. I made no claims about their performance, just knew there were suckers out there frothing at the bit to get a cheap one for all the extra HP they claim to make.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
But people will drop $100 on a TB spacer that has been proven to make zero difference without a blink of an eyes simply because it's advertised to help.

I actually made money on a few TB spacers I pulled off vehicles in junkyard and throwing them on eBay many years ago. I made no claims about their performance, just knew there were suckers out there frothing at the bit to get a cheap one for all the extra HP they claim to make.
I'll pass on empty claims.

irishwake63

Reaction score

your opinion, like I said there are just as many research articles out there that say that they can make a difference as well as my own experience in my Jeep I noticed a difference with just the spacer installed maybe it doesnt work for all applications but it worked for mine, there was a small difference that was noticeable then I added the CAI and with both the difference was extremely noticeable not just me but many have felt a difference but your opinion is just not fact

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I liked the ones with the little propellers inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online