5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Code U1267 ESC,ABS,Forward Collision DTC's and EPB engaging everytime it is in Park

Lemon Magnet

Reaction score
Hi, I am hoping someone might be able to provide some insight/solution regarding several issues I have encountered with my 2022 1500 ram ETorque... a few weeks ago I had the classic dead battery symptoms, the engine cranked, but then slowly died off. The truck fired up once I boosted it (it only sat for 7 hours). The following few days the same symptoms would occur, but even after sitting for only five minutes... I checked the battery with my clamp meter and got 12.6 V and then 14.7 V upon starting...the cables are clean and tight to the battery and cables good condition to the starter and. I verified the solenoid starter when starting engine and with no issues. I did not boost the truck again instead I kept turning the ignition over and even though it sounded weaker each turn it fired up. I have not experienced those symptoms again however, the check engine light came on shortly after those episodes along with the ABS, ESC, Forward Collision And the EPB Is now engaging every time I open my door with the vehicle in park (the gear shifter indicates a P and the dash also inidicates a P) I put an OBD 2 code reader on it with basic capability (no ABS capability) but it did provide me the code U1267. my research suggests that it is a low-voltage issue... I did disconnect the negative battery terminal for about 20 mins but it did not work

Note: I should mention that my key fob has not worked properly since a few weeks after I bought it last year it always says the key fob has left the vehicle, keyless entry doesnt work, I have to make contact with the push button using the fob everytime and just recently it sounds like something is shorting through the speaker almost like when you plug an amp in I get a loud pop through the stereo when fob makes contact with push button start... Finally the infotainment center often gets stuck with the AC/rear defrost/circulate buttons illuminated and no other options function so I have to reset the radio and also the radio often acts like someone is operating it and opens menus ane adjusts settings on its own once again its temporarily resolved by resetting the radio... Thank you for reading this to the end. I appreciate any advice, wild guesses or input anyone might have!

Users who are viewing this thread