5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrome door guard mouldings

Guntersr

Reaction score
Not difficult at all. Just make the appropriate measurements and lay the measurements out on the truck with masking tape, and then apply the molding along the masking tape. Measure twice, cut once. :)
Thanks !

Guntersr

Reaction score
Yes I installed them. Bighorn model though.
I am Installing the chrome molding on my truck but I have a question...on the rear or back door does the Beveled end of the chrome go to the back of the door or where the front and rear door meet...Just not sure...looks like you put the beveled End of chrome where front and rear doors meet...can you help with that...

Last edited:

Guntersr

Reaction score
I am Installing the chrome molding on my truck but I have a question...on the rear or back door does the Beveled end of the chrome go to the back of the door or where the front and rear door meet...Just not sure...looks like you put the beveled End of chrome where front and rear doors meet...can you help with that...
I got it figured out!!! They look awesome on my truck

ramhead

Reaction score
One suggestion for anyone wanting to do this.....you can use double stick scotch tape on the molding backside (before the tape covering the final adhesive strips is removed, obviously) to temporarily attach the moldings to the doors and line them up....then run masking tape above & below the molding, remove the molding/temp tape/adhesive tape covering and then attach. It works perfectly and is much better than using a tape measure, etc. to sight up the molding lines.

ramhead

Reaction score
Saw this on Amazon customer review of the same aftermarket molding mentioned above....one guy (maybe he's a member here??) cut the molding down to shorten it and installed it in line with the "RAM" lettering....thoughts (one positive I can think of is the molding sits higher and might further protect from door dings, etc)?

Attachments

• 20190625_184239.jpg
    20190625_184239.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 183
  • 20190625_184221.jpg
    20190625_184221.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 183
  • 20190625_184248.jpg
    20190625_184248.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 167

wwalljr

Reaction score
Saw this on Amazon customer review of the same aftermarket molding mentioned above....one guy (maybe he's a member here??) cut the molding down to shorten it and installed it in line with the "RAM" lettering....thoughts (one positive I can think of is the molding sits higher and might further protect from door dings, etc)?

I wish I would have seen this before.

ramhead

Reaction score
I wish I would have seen this before.

I don't know.....one minute I like it...the next I'm like "meh....the OEM placement looks better". Like I said though, that higher placement may mean better protection.

Last edited:

wwalljr

Reaction score
I don't know.....one minute I like it...the next I'm like "meh"....the OEM placement looks better. Like I said though, that higher placement may mean better protection.
o_O I’m going to have to convince myself that the OEM placement is better at this point...but agree on better protection...certainly seems like that would be true.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don’t want to bring up an old topic, but has anyone installed these on an already ceramic coated truck? Don’t want to lose a molding piece as I’m driving down the highway!

snj1013

Reaction score
Don’t want to bring up an old topic, but has anyone installed these on an already ceramic coated truck? Don’t want to lose a molding piece as I’m driving down the highway!
I'd use some IPA to prep the surface, but that 3m tape ain't no joke. It will stick.

Users who are viewing this thread