5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrome door guard mouldings

Mikemike

Reaction score
Does anyone know the part numbers for the chrome soor guard mouldings ? I like the ones on Limited except the little piece on the bed, it looks funny.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mopar Chrome Bodyside Moldings are a 2019 Ram accessory item. The part number is 82215280. However, they are twice the price of the Dawn Enterprises moldings. The Dawn ones are ABS plastic with real chrome plating. I don't know if the Mopar moldings are metal or plastic. Does anyone know what the Limited moldings are made of?

Troop2865

Reaction score
I have been looking at the side body moldings for the Limited also. Here are the Mopar part numbers and prices I found on Mopar Parts Inc. I am wanting them for protection from doors being opened into the side of the truck. I already have one slight one from when it was at the dealership for repair.

Right Front 5ZH20SZ0AC $62.37
Left Front 5ZH21SZ0AC $62.37
Right Rear 5ZH26SZ0AB $57.02
Left Rear 5ZH27SZ0AB $58.40
Right C Pillar 5ZH28SZ0AA $31.75
Left C Pillar 5ZH29SZ0AA $31.00

Below appear to be bedside pieces. It appears the ones for $39.25 are for the long bed and the ones for $29.86 are for the short bed. You might want to confirm this before ordering.

Body Side Right 5ZH32SZ0AB $39.25
Body Side Left 5ZH33SZ0AB $39.25
Body Side Right 5ZH30SZ0AA $29.86
Body Side Left 5ZH31SZ0AA $29.86

I will check to see if the parts are cheaper through another source soon.

Troop2865

Reaction score
I did some checking and Mopar Monster is offering 5% off orders over $100. The total cost for the eight pieces is $325.26 plus $40.70 shipping. I checked several web sites and that was the best price.

I like the idea of using the OEM parts, but I don't know if I like them $366 worth as compared to the Sportwing ones listed above. I know the OEM have the additional pieces for the C pillar and bedside. I have not looked at the OEM ones up close to see if they are that much better quality.

Thoughts?

Mikemike

Reaction score
I have been looking at the side body moldings for the Limited also. Here are the Mopar part numbers and prices I found on Mopar Parts Inc. I am wanting them for protection from doors being opened into the side of the truck. I already have one slight one from when it was at the dealership for repair.

Right Front 5ZH20SZ0AC $62.37
Left Front 5ZH21SZ0AC $62.37
Right Rear 5ZH26SZ0AB $57.02
Left Rear 5ZH27SZ0AB $58.40
Right C Pillar 5ZH28SZ0AA $31.75
Left C Pillar 5ZH29SZ0AA $31.00

Below appear to be bedside pieces. It appears the ones for $39.25 are for the long bed and the ones for $29.86 are for the short bed. You might want to confirm this before ordering.

Body Side Right 5ZH32SZ0AB $39.25
Body Side Left 5ZH33SZ0AB $39.25
Body Side Right 5ZH30SZ0AA $29.86
Body Side Left 5ZH31SZ0AA $29.86

I will check to see if the parts are cheaper through another source soon.
THANK YOU FOR THESE PART NUMBERS!!!

Jcndsu

Reaction score
I think the quality is good. Put them on 6 months ago and no problems yet. The install was easy. Lots of gravel, carwashes, ice, and below 0 and they still look brand new. I'd definitely buy again.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the quality is good. Put them on 6 months ago and no problems yet. The install was easy. Lots of gravel, carwashes, ice, and below 0 and they still look brand new. I'd definitely buy again.

D*mn that looks good! Very tempted....

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My color matched molding from Sportwing has been delivered. It's the body color molding with the chrome insert in the middle. See the pic from their site. I'm gonna try to install them this weekend and I'll post a few pics with my thoughts about the product and the installation. I really like the way the molding looks on the Limited trucks and this should be a fairly close match.

Attachments

• Molding.jpg
    Molding.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 258

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks very classy. Billet Silver and Chrome were made for each other!

Thanks, GT. I like the molding on the Limited and that’s what got me thinking about it. The Dawn molding is pretty close to matching the OEM and it seems to be a quality product. And I agree that Billet Silver and chrome go well together.

BigHorn-SV

Reaction score
Got the Dawn molding installed. Color match is prefect and it looks like OEM on the truck. Install was pretty easy.
Thanks for posting this thread and offering your feedback on this product. Also, great job with the installation on your truck. I too am thinking about purchasing this product. How far does the molding stick out from the body? What I am wondering is whether it's more of an accent piece, or will it actually protect the body from parking lot dings. I'm kinda disappointed that their kit doesn't come with a little piece of trim for the area behind the rear door, and another piece for the area between front of bed and rear wheel-well.

Users who are viewing this thread