5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CHMSL with Rear view Camera and Cargo Camera Part #??

Redhorn

Reaction score
Anybody know the part number for the below CHMSL from 3500. Its got two cameras in it.

1640397226966.png
This is from the below video

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody know the part number for the below CHMSL from 3500. Its got two cameras in it.

View attachment 114827
This is from the below video

68465998AA. A few things to note about this CHMSL, since you’re asking on the 5th gen 1500 forum:
This CHMSL won’t mount to a 5th gen 1500 cab.
The cargo view camera is also digital, and can only be used with the surround view system, as it has to be run through the CVPM.

Mr. Chow

Just Happy to Be Here!!
Reaction score
68465998AA. A few things to note about this CHMSL, since you’re asking on the 5th gen 1500 forum:
This CHMSL won’t mount to a 5th gen 1500 cab.
The cargo view camera is also digital, and can only be used with the surround view system, as it has to be run through the CVPM.
@Jimmy07 Curious when I installed the 1500 CHMSL I noticed a space for the 2nd camera. Does the 1500 CVPM with the surround view have a spot to allow for that camera to be added?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Jimmy07 Curious when I installed the 1500 CHMSL I noticed a space for the 2nd camera. Does the 1500 CVPM with the surround view have a spot to allow for that camera to be added?
No, the 1500 CVPM is not capable of the cargo camera.

Redhorn

Reaction score
Thank you Jimmy07. Not going for surround view yet but just want to have cargo camera to keep an eye on few things back there. My truck has digital rearview camera but not sure if the light would accommodate cargo camera.
If the 1500 CVPM not capable of cargo cam can I run one without integrating it into CVPM?
Can I run HD CVPM in 1500?
Thanks again, 1640463738755.jpeg

Daverous

Reaction score
Technically you could drill it and run an analog signal to your radio harness per instructions on this site for adding a front camera. I haven't investigated the 22 harness yet so if you have one this info may be invalid. There's at least one person that drilled and installed an analog camera for this reason in the highlighted spot you mention. He sold the unit as I recall. Its an expensive light to drill into, but you do you if you're so inclined to have a cargo view. I found it a bit useless after building one myself. I thought I'd like it more than I did and removed my homemade solution as well. I could see it being useful if I hauled more in the back or had a gooseneck to hook up.

Larry Mopar Havel

Reaction score
Technically you could drill it and run an analog signal to your radio harness per instructions on this site for adding a front camera. I haven't investigated the 22 harness yet so if you have one this info may be invalid. There's at least one person that drilled and installed an analog camera for this reason in the highlighted spot you mention. He sold the unit as I recall. Its an expensive light to drill into, but you do you if you're so inclined to have a cargo view. I found it a bit useless after building one myself. I thought I'd like it more than I did and removed my homemade solution as well. I could see it being useful if I hauled more in the back or had a gooseneck to hook up.
Do you have a link to the site for instuctions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online