5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check your rear diff fluid level

AllAmer1719

Reaction score
Sounds like a project for me this coming weekend.
Open your fill plug. If it’s not coming out it’s too low. I’ll be opening mine up here after May 4 weekend. Im going to change pinion and carrier bearings. Part of me says go ahead and do wheel why I have it open. I should see the culprit(s).

Reactions: c3k

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Open your fill plug. If it’s not coming out it’s too low. I’ll be opening mine up here after May 4 weekend. Im going to change pinion and carrier bearings. Part of me says go ahead and do wheel why I have it open. I should see the culprit(s).

On a side note come up I think the differential fill is different on these RAMs, I remember reading somewhere it's supposed to be like 1/8 from the fill hole not overflowing.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
On a side note come up I think the differential fill is different on these RAMs, I remember reading somewhere it's supposed to be like 1/8 from the fill hole not overflowing.
I remember reading something similar on here as well.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just ordered the fluid and a hand-pump.
Will fill it till it flows out, then close her up after the extra has flowed out.
It is supposed to within 1/4 inch from the fill hole.
Rear axle fill.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread