5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check Engine Light

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I disconnected the ambient temperature sensor to see if the inside temperature reading would reset as it’s been about 8 to 10 degrees high and now after reconnecting it I have the check engine light on. Any suggestions or fixes are much appreciated.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Go to an auto parts store that offers code reading and have them clear the code. It's probably "Open or shorted air temp sensor"

Or wait. The light should -- should, I emphasize, not will -- shut off after three drive cycles. That is cold start to operating temp and some mileage in between.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Go to an auto parts store that offers code reading and have them clear the code. It's probably "Open or shorted air temp sensor"

Or wait. The light should -- should, I emphasize, not will -- shut off after three drive cycles. That is cold start to operating temp and some mileage in between.
Thanks for the info. I disconnected the negative battery cable and it went away. Unfortunately, now I have to wait for all of my 12” controls and Sirius to come back.

NDRam

Reaction score
I was out of town for 10 days and the truck was idle that time. I filled the tank before I left. We I returned on Monday morning, the CEL came on at startup. Turned off, turned on, still CEL. Turned off Pedal Commander, turned off truck, still CEL. Now it's Wednesday, still have CEL. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Buy a $14 Bluetooth OBD reader on Amazon. It can give you the basic codes and also clear codes / yellow engine lights.

RamCares

Reaction score
I was out of town for 10 days and the truck was idle that time. I filled the tank before I left. We I returned on Monday morning, the CEL came on at startup. Turned off, turned on, still CEL. Turned off Pedal Commander, turned off truck, still CEL. Now it's Wednesday, still have CEL. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Hey NDRam,

If you are not able to determine a solution based on suggestions from fellow forum members and you end up having to address this with your dealer, we are more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support for that process.

Mark
RamCares

NDRam

Reaction score
Hey NDRam,

If you are not able to determine a solution based on suggestions from fellow forum members and you end up having to address this with your dealer, we are more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support for that process.

Mark
RamCares

@RamCares - thanks for the response. I will try and read the codes myself before reaching out to the local dealer. They are not my favorite to work with. Thanks and I will be in touch if needed.

RamCares

Reaction score
@RamCares - thanks for the response. I will try and read the codes myself before reaching out to the local dealer. They are not my favorite to work with. Thanks and I will be in touch if needed.

I completely understand, @NDRam. Just want you to know we are here to provide the support if you do have to go that route.

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/