5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

check engine light and service auto start/stop - P0013, P3401, P3425, P3441 & P3449

bigbadford91

Reaction score
@RamCares

Hi All,

I have been having some trouble with my 2020 Ram. I had my first oil change around 3,200 miles using full synthetic at Dealership 1. Within the next 50 to 100 miles I got a check engine light and service auto start/stop. Took it Dealership 2 close to my work since I had a 100 mile drive after work. They said it was a stored code P0013, checked over the wiring, cleared the code and sent me on my way. They said it may or may not come back. Of course on the drive it came back. Got home and I had codes P0013, P3401, P3425, P3441 & P3449. Made another appointment with Dealership 2. By the time it went back into them the lights cleared themselves. This time they kept the truck for a week and couldn't find anything wrong with it other then the stored codes. I have drove the truck 75 to 100 miles and the codes are back again!!!

I need this truck this weekend. I'm driving to North Carolina. I don't have much confidence in Dealership 2. They have looked at the truck twice and haven't found a problem yet. I feel like I should take it back to Dealership 1.

P0013 - Bank 1 Camshaft 2 Position Actuator Circuit Open
P3401 - Cylinder 1 Deactivation/Intake Valve Control Circuit/Open
P3425 - Cylinder 4 Deactivation/Intake Valve Control Circuit/Open
P3441 - Cylinder 6 Deactivation/Intake Valve Control Circuit/Open
P3449 - Cylinder 7 Deactivation/Intake Valve Control Circuit/Open

Do you guys have any thoughts on the codes?

Thanks!

Last edited:

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
@RamCares

Hi All,

I have been having some trouble with my 2020 Ram. I had my first oil change around 3,200 miles using full synthetic at Dealership 1. Within the next 50 to 100 miles I got a check engine light and service auto start/stop. Took it Dealership 2 close to my work since I had a 100 mile drive after work. They said it was a stored code P0013, checked over the wiring, cleared the code and sent me on my way. They said it may or may not come back. Of course on the drive it came back. Got home and I had codes P0013, P3401, P3425, P3441 & P3449. Made another appointment with Dealership 2. By the time it went back into them the lights cleared themselves. This time they kept the truck for a week and couldn't find anything wrong with it other then the stored codes. I have drove the truck 75 to 100 miles and the codes are back again!!!

I need this truck this weekend. I'm driving to North Carolina. I don't have much confidence in Dealership 2. They have looked at the truck twice and haven't found a problem yet. I feel like I should take it back to Dealership 1.

P0013 - Bank 1 Camshaft 2 Position Actuator Circuit Open
P3401 - Cylinder 1 Deactivation/Intake Valve Control Circuit/Open
P3425 - Cylinder 4 Deactivation/Intake Valve Control Circuit/Open
P3441 - Cylinder 6 Deactivation/Intake Valve Control Circuit/Open
P3449 - Cylinder 7 Deactivation/Intake Valve Control Circuit/Open

Do you guys have any thoughts on the codes?

Thanks!
Hi there @bigbadford91
We are sorry to hear about the trouble you've faced while having this concern addressed! Intermittent problems are very difficult for the dealer to duplicate and may cause delay in diagnosis and repair. Our team would be happy to escalate a case on your behalf in order to provide additional support throughout your next dealer service. Please send our team a private message with your VIN and mileage so that we may assist.

Kathryn
RamCares

bigbadford91

Reaction score
Hi there @bigbadford91
We are sorry to hear about the trouble you've faced while having this concern addressed! Intermittent problems are very difficult for the dealer to duplicate and may cause delay in diagnosis and repair. Our team would be happy to escalate a case on your behalf in order to provide additional support throughout your next dealer service. Please send our team a private message with your VIN and mileage so that we may assist.

Kathryn
RamCares
Susan from @RamCares is on the case!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online