5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check engine light...and a bunch others too...any thoughts?

cobrar97

Reaction score
Driving to work today, my 2019 Limited have me a *ding* and when I looked down, the Check Engine light was on. So was the traction control light in the tach cluster. In the main screen, the Collision OFF light in bottom right was one, and it the upper left, it was rotating the Auto Start/Stop malfunction, Collision Malfunction, and the Adaptive Cruise Malfunction. The truck didn't seem to drive any differently (maybe a little slugish, which I chalked up to the 10-degree temps), but something definitely has happened.
Any thoughts on what this could be before calling the dealer? I was thinking of disconnecting the battery to reset things in case it just has gotten confused.
I went 3 days without being able to turn ON the infotainment system...then it just started working again. The running boards will not drop down from time-to-time...and then they are ok for a long time.
So I just wanted to check with everyone here before causing a big inconvenience to take it in. Thoughts???

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No help here. I did have a CEL come on the other day on my way in to work as well. Don’t remember what the codes were exactly but one of mine had to do with some module that made my auto start stop unavailable

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds an awful lot like a grounding issue. Take it in and have them check.

cobrar97

Reaction score
Ok...so I disconnected the battery, waited, reconnected, waited....and all the malfunction lights have gone away. Everything seems to be back to normal, EXCEPT...when I put the truck into reverse I get a blue-screen saying "backup camera unavailable". Repeat tries and yielded the same results.
Any thoughts on this? It was working during the other troubles prior to the battery-disconnect.

Patsy1099

Reaction score
The camera issue is well know. Not sure if the solution is unfortunately. Ask the dealer to perform any tsbs associated with your issues. Do you have the 12” screen? Lots of Uconnect software gremlins with it. I haven’t heard of a permanent fix for them but read of one member who had an fca regional tech come to the dealer, manually program/update his system and that seemed to work.

RamCares

Reaction score
Driving to work today, my 2019 Limited have me a *ding* and when I looked down, the Check Engine light was on. So was the traction control light in the tach cluster. In the main screen, the Collision OFF light in bottom right was one, and it the upper left, it was rotating the Auto Start/Stop malfunction, Collision Malfunction, and the Adaptive Cruise Malfunction. The truck didn't seem to drive any differently (maybe a little slugish, which I chalked up to the 10-degree temps), but something definitely has happened.
Any thoughts on what this could be before calling the dealer? I was thinking of disconnecting the battery to reset things in case it just has gotten confused.
I went 3 days without being able to turn ON the infotainment system...then it just started working again. The running boards will not drop down from time-to-time...and then they are ok for a long time.
So I just wanted to check with everyone here before causing a big inconvenience to take it in. Thoughts???

Hi cobrar97,

If you do end up addressing this with your dealer, please be sure to let us know via private message. We are more than happy to provide you with additional support through that process.

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread