5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change from P275 55r20 to either P275 60r20 or go to 18 inch wheels w/P275 65r18

Barqs

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards replacing my Bridgestones with the Falken Wildpeak AT3W in 275/60R20 as well once the OEM tires wear out or quit gripping. I just replaced the tires on my daughter's Cherokee Trailhawk and was going to get the Falkens but my tire guy recommended the Toyo Open Country AT2 as he had better luck balancing them and felt they were a higher quality tire to the Falken. Toyo offers a 45 day buy-back program so I figured it was a low-risk decision. But after reading all of the reviews on this forum as well as others, I'm starting to have buyer's remorse not going with the Falkens from the get-go. I'm particularly worried about wet weather traction since my daughter had issues with her OEM Firestones at 50k miles. With any luck we'll get some rain this week so I can see how the Toyos do while I can still change my mind. Every review I've read raves about the wet weather traction with the Falkens. Considering the Falkens are the factory tire for the Off-Road Group on the Ram, what's the general verdict on wet weather traction?

jshemmy

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards replacing my Bridgestones with the Falken Wildpeak AT3W in 275/60R20 as well once the OEM tires wear out or quit gripping. I just replaced the tires on my daughter's Cherokee Trailhawk and was going to get the Falkens but my tire guy recommended the Toyo Open Country AT2 as he had better luck balancing them and felt they were a higher quality tire to the Falken. Toyo offers a 45 day buy-back program so I figured it was a low-risk decision. But after reading all of the reviews on this forum as well as others, I'm starting to have buyer's remorse not going with the Falkens from the get-go. I'm particularly worried about wet weather traction since my daughter had issues with her OEM Firestones at 50k miles. With any luck we'll get some rain this week so I can see how the Toyos do while I can still change my mind. Every review I've read raves about the wet weather traction with the Falkens. Considering the Falkens are the factory tire for the Off-Road Group on the Ram, what's the general verdict on wet weather traction?
I have the Falkens on my Ram and absolutely love them. ride is great and quiet. I have the Wildpeak AT3W like you looked at.
my dealer who installed them said they were hard to get, I think they get them from Tire rack and it took a good 5 days to get them, that is telling you something? plus they look great!

good luck

spaightlabs

Reaction score

Any tire at 50K miles is going to have some wet weather traction issues. An OEM tire will usually start waaaaay before that.

sgtsodo

Reaction score
Hi, Im looking to change out the stock tires to BFG KO2. Do you think you could have gone a little bigger. I have a 2020 big horn 4x4 with stock suspension non air ride and non off rode. I was hoping for 275/65R20 or 285/60R20. Any help would be greatly appricated.

I have a 2" level so I definitely could've gone bigger. For stock suspension I am simply not sure. I am happy with my setup though!

tedsterbv

Reaction score
My dealer told me that they cannot change tire size in the computers. However, Hypertech and Rough Country (and I'm sure others) sell calibrators to flash tire size.

I just dropped my truck off at the dealer tonight to add some parts. (See signature) They told me that they can flash any size tire. They're not even installing my tires (Belle is installing) and the dealer was willing to flash the computer at no cost. They even took the tire manufacturer/size down and added it to my service ticket. Has anyone had similar luck or asked the tire installer before purchasing an aftermarket programmer?

Bearman95

Reaction score
My truck is 100% stock and came with 275/55R20s. Am I correct in understanding that I could go to 275/60R20s with no rubbing? Is there a benefit to that other than looks?
I would like to know the answer to that question also!

james.h.morris68

Reaction score
I would like to know the answer to that question also!

You won’t have a problem with 275/60/20’s. Just installed a set of KO2’s in that size on my all
stock ‘19 Laramie Longhorn. No rubbing at any height I set the air suspension to. Ride is a bit better than the stock tires and a ton better in wet and snowy weather.....and yeah we’ve had snow already.
9234b3796d5ffd54341409986a447eec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearman95

Reaction score
You won’t have a problem with 275/60/20’s. Just installed a set of KO2’s in that size on my all
stock ‘19 Laramie Longhorn. No rubbing at any height I set the air suspension to. Ride is a bit better than the stock tires and a ton better in wet and snowy weather.....and yeah we’ve had snow already.
9234b3796d5ffd54341409986a447eec.jpg

Thank you for the answer. I have a 4 x 4 2020 Laramie sport without air suspension or off-road package. It is just standard stock suspension. So you’re saying I would not have a problem at all with 275/60/20 tires.

james.h.morris68

Reaction score
No problem. That size you’ll be fine. Dealer who did mine did your same truck the week before with 285/60/20’s and it was fine as well.

Bearman95

Reaction score
No problem. That size you’ll be fine. Dealer who did mine did your same truck the week before with 285/60/20’s and it was fine as well.

Thanks a lot, I think I’m going to go with 275/60/20 Perelli all-terrain plus. Good reviews and they look good too!

Hemiguy226

Reaction score
I’m kindaglad I just order 2020 ram limited rims and falken wildpeak at-3 on them everything brand new take off I have 2020 rebel with 275/70/18 and I think it’s too much sidewall .I come from an srt challenger though so trucks are whole different animal

Attachments

• A8778282-88A3-4697-84B0-53E34B9FCDF5.png
    A8778282-88A3-4697-84B0-53E34B9FCDF5.png
    516.3 KB · Views: 33

Users who are viewing this thread