5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chance encounter at traffic light meeting Dodge Dealership Owner

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
I had a pretty cool encounter at traffic light stop this past weekend. My son and I were on a "Sanford and Son trip"...lmao to pick up an old lift chair to salvage the linear actuator(motor) from it for a project I am working on.

While at the traffic light the guy in the vehicle to my right was motioning to put our window down. He was wondering if we lived (which I never answered) in Cape Coral because my truck license plate holder says Arrigo dealership which is across Florida. He introduced himself as the owner of the new Dodge dealership (opened in Oct/2018). He was curious if I had tried to purchase a RAM from his location, if so why unable etc...

I get it....dollars going to another market could have come through his dealership blah blah blah.

What I liked about the quick encounter was how he ended the quick conversation. "...again my name is Jay, if you have any questions, problems, concerns, come in and ask for me directly!!!" It was genuine, the ask for me part, was refreshing. I have met many, many of business owners talking to them more in depth than a chance meeting at traffic light; he came across, genuine-had a good vibe.

I will say (no offense to the Sales people of the world), my BS meter has been extremely accurate in reading people and their agendas/attitudes/tactics etc...I am way more weary of those in sales.

Again, this can be looked at about the dollars at the beginning(next new vehicle), middle(services), or next purchase.
Retention is important. He did not know I already booked an appointment with them this week for the recalls. I checked other dealership in Fort Myers and they were scheduling out almost a month on appointments ugh. (thought I was scheduling an appointment at the VA hospital--well within a month is kinda good for the VA--but love them).

I might pop in ask for him when I go to my appointment. I hope the service is great there. Reading on the forums the Service is key after the purchase and Service/Customer relations seems lacking from what I have read overall with the Dodge dealerships. I know with a new dealership---does it come with new model rollout issues too??? Should not be the expectation when it comes to quality overall as 98% of issues should be addressed in research and development before rollout of production.

Coming from BMW service---it was excellent....definitely more expensive but excellent service. Now with the RAMs prices up the way they are....should not the Service be excellent too??!!!!!!!!!

Bottom line he gave me a good vibe, lets hope that trickles down from the top of the Dealership to the Service department!!!

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a pretty cool encounter at traffic light stop this past weekend. My son and I were on a "Sanford and Son trip"...lmao to pick up an old lift chair to salvage the linear actuator(motor) from it for a project I am working on.

While at the traffic light the guy in the vehicle to my right was motioning to put our window down. He was wondering if we lived (which I never answered) in Cape Coral because my truck license plate holder says Arrigo dealership which is across Florida. He introduced himself as the owner of the new Dodge dealership (opened in Oct/2018). He was curious if I had tried to purchase a RAM from his location, if so why unable etc...

I get it....dollars going to another market could have come through his dealership blah blah blah.

What I liked about the quick encounter was how he ended the quick conversation. "...again my name is Jay, if you have any questions, problems, concerns, come in and ask for me directly!!!" It was genuine, the ask for me part, was refreshing. I have met many, many of business owners talking to them more in depth than a chance meeting at traffic light; he came across, genuine-had a good vibe.

I will say (no offense to the Sales people of the world), my BS meter has been extremely accurate in reading people and their agendas/attitudes/tactics etc...I am way more weary of those in sales.

Again, this can be looked at about the dollars at the beginning(next new vehicle), middle(services), or next purchase.
Retention is important. He did not know I already booked an appointment with them this week for the recalls. I checked other dealership in Fort Myers and they were scheduling out almost a month on appointments ugh. (thought I was scheduling an appointment at the VA hospital--well within a month is kinda good for the VA--but love them).

I might pop in ask for him when I go to my appointment. I hope the service is great there. Reading on the forums the Service is key after the purchase and Service/Customer relations seems lacking from what I have read overall with the Dodge dealerships. I know with a new dealership---does it come with new model rollout issues too??? Should not be the expectation when it comes to quality overall as 98% of issues should be addressed in research and development before rollout of production.

Coming from BMW service---it was excellent....definitely more expensive but excellent service. Now with the RAMs prices up the way they are....should not the Service be excellent too??!!!!!!!!!

Bottom line he gave me a good vibe, lets hope that trickles down from the top of the Dealership to the Service department!!!

People who give a damn about what they do is kinda rare, sad but true.

I do like to see someone who cares about what they're doing, and look at clients as someone they need to treat right and treat ethically.
It's true, these are business transactions - but they can be friendly and fair. In 2019, those are worth writing home about.

I'm not in your state, many many miles away from it, but I'm glad you shared that.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Follow up--- (long rant-excellent experience at dealership)

In case anyone in SouthWest Florida looking for Great Service from dealership, I had a very positive experience today at Cape Coral Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram!!!

I have driven by and seen the place really busy, but I think a got a lucky Friday because around 2pm was sweet in and out the service department. Everyone was friendly, seriously, it wasn't forced; it was the environment. From the guy who guided me to in the service line, to Rich, my Service Advisor it went smooth. Rich took my info and told me it would be little over 1.5 hours which he was pretty darn close on that estimate. With several cars parked in front of me in the service line, I had anticipated more time. Later just prior to leaving I told Rich he is stuck with me, I am the loyal type that like to find that good person you know is helping you and not BSing you; he laughed and said call him anytime.

I had a very nice conversation with one of the Sales Reps/Mike. He locked me in as my permanent Sales Rep for any future vehicles and he didn't even know it. Heck even the runners outside of Service Dept. were cool.

I had set it up for my first oil change, V04 Ground Cable, V07 Adjustable Brake Pedal, and address the knocking sound underneath (yup turned out to be Sway Bar Links). Ended up having to order Adjustable Brake Pedal and Sway Bar Links parts.

I had at least 5 different people offer help/assistance as I was wondering around on my walks. This may sound corny but they looked me in the eyes as we passed by each other smiled and spoke!!! Not those avoidance walk-bys. It was not pushy either like some other sales reps I have experienced at other places. As it turns out this Cape Coral Dodge dealership's environment, positive attitude, and service did in fact from my experience and opinion, filter down from the very top!!!

I say this because I did get to meet the Owner/GM- Jay Ganzi, great guy. The last Rep (of those 5+ above) stopping to offer me assistance was Rob Gable/Service Director; he took me straight over to meet Jay, no questions asked. Great team that I experienced at this Cape Coral Dodge dealership today. Jay's positive demeanor filtered down the line to everyone I came into contact with at the dealership today and that is a fact!

I told WWW(Wifey-Warden-Woman) about my experience today, she told me to go ahead and book her service call there for her 2018 Dodge CaravanGT. The Warden had suggested that I go first for service call at dealership since I am as she puts it "Verrrry Particular!!!"

Sorry for long post but it felt good receiving great service today, as we all know how some crappy dealerships can heighten our frustrations. I could complain about new damn truck and I have to go back again for parts they have to order on recalls which all dealerships should have stocked parts available now on these known issues/recalls. Fortunately, my work experience allows me to know more than the average bear on supply & demand-logistics. So, the Service and Customer experience at this dealership was great for what it is worth!!!

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
I went back to dealership today. I love consistency when it is positive. My experience today was the same atmosphere as my last visit!!

I was able to get Rich my Service Advisor and even talked a few minutes with Jay. I have to give an honorable mention to Patty in the Parts Dept. this time around because she really tried to help me find the toggle switches for my Bighorn. She found them but it comes as a set for a little over $100/not paying that for 1 toggle switch that I want to look OEM.
My parts came in early and I was able to get everything taken care of for my truck. :D:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread