5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Center console to bench seat swap Complete

larix

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Big Horn with console, looking to swap for a jump seat in black cloth.

hmguy01

Reaction score
Larix,
I ordered a 2022 2500 Tradesman with the 40/20/40 front seat in black cloth. Not certain of the delivery date, but I anticipate end of May/beg June. Let me ask you a few questions.
Is your console from a 1500 or 2500 series?
Is it black with gray trim or some other color?
What features are built into the console? Media Hub? Wireless charging pad? CD? 115V (rear) outlet?
Where are you located? Dallas TX here

larix

Reaction score
Hi!
Mine is from a 1500. The interior is mostly black, but there is some gray trim. I can PM you some images. The console does have the usb ports (media hub), CD player, 115 power in the rear, and rear air vents. No wireless charging though. I'm near Denver, CO.

FubecaDez

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Console - black Leather Laramie 1500 - with all wiring harness/bolts ready for install. I already swapped in a jumpseat.

Anyone want to purchase the Console for their swap? Asking $950, same as what I paid for the jumpseat I installed. TIA.

klemo

Reaction score

If anyone ended up adding the rear seat USBs or power inverter with this install, please post in this attached thread how you did it. I can't seem to get my outlet to work. Thanks!

olesam

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2022 1500 Big Horn Night Edition with a center console with rear USB ports and 115V outlet. I'd be interested in swapping with someone for a bench seat (ideally black cloth, might consider black leather too). Let me if you're interested!

Also, question to those who purchased a bench seat new:
How did you figure out the correct parts needed for the conversion? Because of the number of trim levels and interior options (colors, USB ports, electrical outlets, etc.) there are lots of options for each component and the Mopar website doesn't seem to clarify the differences.

Last edited:

Dragon_

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2022 1500 Big Horn Night Edition with a center console with rear USB ports and 115V outlet. I'd be interested in swapping with someone for a bench seat (ideally black cloth, might consider black leather too). Let me if you're interested!

Also, question to those who purchased a bench seat new:
How did you figure out the correct parts needed for the conversion? Because of the number of trim levels and interior options (colors, USB ports, electrical outlets, etc.) there are lots of options for each component and the Mopar website doesn't seem to clarify the differences.
I’m in the same boat. 2019 1500 Big Horn Night Edition with a black console (USB and 120V outlet), looking to swap for a similar jump seat. I’m in the Hampton Roads, VA area and willing to travel within a days drive.

andy1987

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Jump Seat that I'm wanting to trade for a Center Console. My Jump Seat is grey leather. I live in the DFW area.

olesam

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat. 2019 1500 Big Horn Night Edition with a black console (USB and 120V outlet), looking to swap for a similar jump seat. I’m in the Hampton Roads, VA area and willing to travel within a days drive.
One detail I noticed for those of us with the Night Edition is that I'm not sure there are black cloth center seats available, or at least I don't think they were available for the 2022 model year. The Night Edition appears to force you into bucket seats, and the Big Horn bench seat trucks all seem to only offer Diesel Grey interior, so my feeling is that the best match for the Big Horn Night Edition trucks will be to find a center seat from a Laramie with black leather, and since there are some leather accents already in the truck I don't think the seat will look too out of place. The absurd number of trim levels and interior packages on these trucks makes me think I'm going to have to be open to some compromise to make this work!

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One detail I noticed for those of us with the Night Edition is that I'm not sure there are black cloth center seats available, or at least I don't think they were available for the 2022 model year. The Night Edition appears to force you into bucket seats, and the Big Horn bench seat trucks all seem to only offer Diesel Grey interior, so my feeling is that the best match for the Big Horn Night Edition trucks will be to find a center seat from a Laramie with black leather, and since there are some leather accents already in the truck I don't think the seat will look too out of place. The absurd number of trim levels and interior packages on these trucks makes me think I'm going to have to be open to some compromise to make this work!
Yup you nailed it. I had found someone with a 6 seat black interior Laramie to swap with but he ended up trading his truck in before we got to the swap, so now I’m back looking for someone to swap with.

JG2023

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 2021 Laramie 1500 with the center console and I am interested in swapping to a jump seat. I am in Eau Claire, WI. This has the Laramie level 2 trim so it has the rear heated seats so it would be nice to find a jump seat with that option but it is not a deal breaker if not because I think I can use the buttons from my council and put the plug from the jump seat in its place. This console is the upgraded version with wireless charging and such. I am looking for a black leather jump seat. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

jdl440

Reaction score
You have a 2019 rebel with black leather center console that I want to swap for a jump seat (extra kid seat).

Preference for Seattle area and we can do the swap side by side if you want.

Otherwise lmk if anyone wants to trade.

TNT68

Reaction score
Is this a 1500 jump in a 2500?

If so, the bolt patterns won't line up perfectly. You could try and use the brackets from a 2500 jumper with some modifications. I would love to see a photo of how your sit fit from the top with the back folded up. I plan to do this swap, usint the 1500 jumper into a 2500 in a few months. I will be making custom tabs to pull it off though.
Did you ever get this done? I'm racking my brain trying to figure out how I'm going to make this work.

Lromero343

Reaction score
Ok so I didn’t see anybody post this and I had a hell of a time finding the right parts on my own so here is a list of the items I needed to swap my console out with a jump seat:

Jump Seat - sorry don’t have part number for this but I just bought on eBay and matched my truck

Seat Bracket - 68350171AD

Floor Duct - 68277061AB

Instrument Panel with USB Connections - 6GU12TX7AH

Trim that goes around I/Panel - 6MD58TX7AD

Bottom Trim to close off I/Panel - 5YK17TX7AB

As for carpet you can either install a new carpet or just purchase the Weather Mats for a Front Bench seat and that will cover up the hole in carpet.

My Panels and Trim were black and that is specified by the TX7 in the code so you can figure out what your color code is by googling or trying to call the dealer but good luck with that cause most of the guys at the dealer don’t know more than the average bear. Good luck to you all and I hope this helps someone out there.

Ram4wheeler

Reaction score
I have a 2019 rebel with the leather console. Looking for a leather bench seat. Anyone want to trade? Located in New Jersey

Ram4wheeler

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Laramie with black leather jump seat, if any one with the console is interested in please let me know.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
I have a black leather console from a 2019 rebel. Are you still looking for a trade?

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just acquired a jump seat and am going to swap it in hopefully sometime in July! 😄 Once I do that I’ll try to sell my center console on here.

Users who are viewing this thread