5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Center Console Slider Swap (Rebel to Limited)

1500DFW

Reaction score
I'm interested in buying your old cup holder and bin. I'm going to do the same thing you did but in reverse going from Limited to Rebel or other trim that gets me that extra 3\4 inch of space down below. Is it still available?

Not to hijack the original offer but if he doesn’t respond or has already sold it. I’m installing my limited console Friday. I’d be willing to sell my Laramie version.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a '21 Rebel and was thinking of adding the black Limited slider to my truck. If anybody is looking to do the swap and has a new, undamaged cup holder assembly, let me know.

1500DFW

Reaction score
I just did my swap. For anyone else thinking of doing it. You don’t need to use pliers and crimp the clips from below. The top portion is designed to come off. I used just my fingers and was able to pop off the top portion from the bottom. Go easy but use some force. I started with the back and worked forward. I did the left and right side at the same time. There’s 6 clips. 3 on each side; rear, middle, front. It you have a plastic prying tool it can help to get enough room to get your fingers between the plastic. No damage done. All in all took about 15 mins including cleaning the console out.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, I had been eyeballing this as a possible modification for quite some time and was unsure if it was possible. I posed the question but no one really had an answer, so I just up and did it.

I swapped the sliding center console cupholder/tray compartment in my Rebel for a Limited compartment with the covers. I think it looks alot more finished, initially I intended to wrap the wood grain finish with something similar to a pattern inside the Rebel, but after installing it I'm going to leave it be. I think it meshes very well with the 12A black package.

Anyway, for those interested - The existing cupholder is removed by popping the front two retaining pins out from underneath the compartment. This is by far the hardest part. I used my phone reserve camera, light, and a set of needle nose pliers to push up (towards the roof) from underneath on the front two white retaining clips. From there I was able to grab the top portion of the tray and pull it up and out. From there its super easy, just unscrew the six screws and remove the bottom portion of the slider tray and pop in the new one.

Parts needed:

5YE132X7AGAccess Cover$496.0

6LY66TX7AARetainer-Floor Console$26.74

Overall, worth the mod I think. The replacement sliding compartment is crazy expensive in my opinion, worth 500 bucks ? That's up to you. I have my old one for sale if anyone is interested and needs a new one.

These part numbers will fit the 2021 correct?

5YE132X7AGAccess Cover$496.0
6LY66TX7AARetainer-Floor Console$26.74

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep. I just did the swap on my '21 Rebel with those part numbers.

Thanks for that. didn't know if I might not need that part as I'm in a Laramie compared to the Rebal

KP-Ghib

Reaction score
I just did my swap. For anyone else thinking of doing it. You don’t need to use pliers and crimp the clips from below. The top portion is designed to come off. I used just my fingers and was able to pop off the top portion from the bottom. Go easy but use some force. I started with the back and worked forward. I did the left and right side at the same time. There’s 6 clips. 3 on each side; rear, middle, front. It you have a plastic prying tool it can help to get enough room to get your fingers between the plastic. No damage done. All in all took about 15 mins including cleaning the console out.

Just to be clear...for Laramie swap just part #5YE132X7AG is needed? Ordering mine today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just to be clear...for Laramie swap just part #5YE132X7AG is needed? Ordering mine today.

I am just trying the main piece as well since we have the slider piece. Worst thing is have to buy the other piece.

DanoUF

Reaction score
Thanks for that. didn't know if I might not need that part as I'm in a Laramie compared to the Rebal
You'll need it. looking on Rams website the Laramie looks to have the same slider as the Rebel. The 2 that have the deeper slider tray are the Limited and the Longhorn, as both have the closing cup holders.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You'll need it. looking on Rams website the Laramie looks to have the same slider as the Rebel. The 2 that have the deeper slider tray are the Limited and the Longhorn, as both have the closing cup holders.

Ok fine..lol make me spend more money. I think when I pondered this before I read something about having to have that other piece because it sits lower or takes up more below. I reordered everything.

1500DFW

Reaction score

I have a Laramie. You need both pieces.

I got mine from cheapjeeppartsonline.com for both parts and shipping about $250

Diesel762

Reaction score
I have a Laramie. You need both pieces.

I got mine from cheapjeeppartsonline.com for both parts and shipping about $250
Thanks, just ordered from them and stuff was on sale. I am at $212 for both parts delivered.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, just ordered from them and stuff was on sale. I am at $212 for both parts delivered.

Super easy install. Took about 10 minutes to do. Pried up the front and slowly did all six. Take the screws out, pop in the new base with the same 6 screws, and put in the new top. Done.

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
I have a big horn. Also a tuff safe so I assume I can’t do this mod. If the slider is deeper it will be a nogo. What a bummer

1500DFW

Reaction score
I have a big horn. Also a tuff safe so I assume I can’t do this mod. If the slider is deeper it will be a nogo. What a bummer

It depends. There was a post earlier or maybe in a different thread where the guy used a dremel to cut a section out of the bottom tray so it would slide over his safe. You’ll have to do some measuring and see. It may still be possible.

Diesel762

Reaction score
Every place i order from comes back two days later saying backordered. Anyone know of a company that actually has them in stock?

mrfyram1500

Reaction score
I ordered these two parts (5YE132X7AG and 6LY66TX7AA) yesterday (4/28) from Mopar Fixers ($196.13 total). I received an email from them today to let me know these parts don't fit my truck based on the VIN. I still ordered them based on the the fact that the swap has already been completed by Snofire. They did not mention anything regarding a backorder. I will update if they do tell me it is backordered.

Last edited:

Diesel762

Reaction score
I ordered these two parts (5YE132X7AG and 6LY66TX7AA) yesterday (4/28) from Mopar Fixers ($196.13 total). I received an email from them today to let me know these parts don't fit my truck based on the VIN. I still ordered them based on the the fact that the swap has already been completed by Snofire. They did not mention anything regarding a backorder. I will update if they do tell me it is backordered.
Thank you we shall see. I placed an order fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online