5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CD Player for 2022 Ram 1500?

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So does anyone know offhand, what was the last year for the factory CD?
I'm thinking if I can track down the right console parts, I might be able
to put that unused space to work, maybe mount a CB radio there...

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Richard320

Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
This thing?

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This thing?

That would be the hole filler. I'd have to maybe track down the front wall of the console tub, the version before they centered the USB ports. Just dreamin' at this point...

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After a bit more surfing, I've found the front of the console tub is called "media port bezel".
There are like a dozen different part numbers, and I cannot tell definitively from the online drawings which ones have the mount for the CD player.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I would trade my CD player for the filler pocket if one was available.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
I think I've found the part number for the CD player. It's 68335565AB. Looks like 2020 was the last year it was available. I have not tried to track down the wiring harness yet. I would imagine the connection for the Cd player is probably no longer in the truck for the 22s?

Svt40

Reaction score
If you search on the forums here there is about a 20 page thread on the CD player and adding it.

Seems that you have to add the CD player and the correct center console harness. Although no one has reported having done it.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
I used to have a large collection of vinyl records and VHS tapes. Then I had a large collection of CDs and DVDs. Now all I have is digital media. The solution to be able to listen to whatever you want already exists in the vehicle. It's time to let go of an obsolete format and move to a flash drive or stream from mobile device.

Daverous

Reaction score
I've added one to a 2020, can't comment on the impact of uc5 on the process. Never once have I used it, just came with a seat set I bought when doing the vented seat upgrade.
It was plug and play, mostly. A couple alfaobd tweaks were needed.

BigD

Reaction score
I used to have a large collection of vinyl records and VHS tapes. Then I had a large collection of CDs and DVDs. Now all I have is digital media. The solution to be able to listen to whatever you want already exists in the vehicle. It's time to let go of an obsolete format and move to a flash drive or stream from mobile device.
Agree💯 love having less clutter around. Still have a lot of DVD's because the kids watch them, but they will all be going to the Salvation Army eventually. 🙂

brental1

Reaction score
Were you able to install it and make it work? (Really bothers me when you ask a 'how to' question and get 100 opinion replies.

Dewey

Reaction score
I love CD’s and have almost 400 right now and downloaded all of them to iTunes over the years. When I ordered my last 4th gen I included the CD player which was hidden in the center console. To be honest I only used it about 5-6 times over the 5 years I owned the truck. So much easier to buy a phone with 128 gb memory and then load my entire catalog into it and access wirelessly thru uConnect. It’s easpecially easy with CarPlay on UC 5 with the 12” screen. Everything listed and extremely easy to access at any time and no messing around with CD cases or loading and removing discs. Never thought I would say that because I like CD’s so much but I’m never going back in a vehicle. My collection stays home where it’s safe and enjoy when I want at home. On the road or anywhere else my entire collection is on my phone ready to access at any time. I think that’s pretty cool.

Bonsaihorn

Reaction score
I believe 2019 was the last year for the CD player, my 2019 had the CD player in it. I've actually had to combine info from a bunch of different threads to get all of the information together but I think I finally have all of the parts I need for my 2022. The CD player has actually been installed for a while, just haven't had the time to get in there and do all of the wiring. I'm going to be doing it sometime before the winter, or during the government shutdown if we indeed have one of those.

I'm only a couple hundred into it, the main cost being the cd player and alfaobd, which you'll need for other things anyway so it could be considered overhead. I was frustrated when I thought I had all of the parts before but there wasn't a real good explanation, then I was able to garner what I needed from two of the pinned write ups in the Mods forum (Passive entry and ACC). The Micro2 fuse piggy back for the power, the pins needed for the big plug, and the hi/low for the CAN IHS connectors.

Taking the center console apart is also much easier than it seems, there are no "hidden screws", if something looks hidden then you just need to take off another panel. You can get the connector for the CD player itself off of Amazon.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I believe 2019 was the last year for the CD player, my 2019 had the CD player in it. I've actually had to combine info from a bunch of different threads to get all of the information together but I think I finally have all of the parts I need for my 2022. The CD player has actually been installed for a while, just haven't had the time to get in there and do all of the wiring. I'm going to be doing it sometime before the winter, or during the government shutdown if we indeed have one of those.

I'm only a couple hundred into it, the main cost being the cd player and alfaobd, which you'll need for other things anyway so it could be considered overhead. I was frustrated when I thought I had all of the parts before but there wasn't a real good explanation, then I was able to garner what I needed from two of the pinned write ups in the Mods forum (Passive entry and ACC). The Micro2 fuse piggy back for the power, the pins needed for the big plug, and the hi/low for the CAN IHS connectors.

Taking the center console apart is also much easier than it seems, there are no "hidden screws", if something looks hidden then you just need to take off another panel. You can get the connector for the CD player itself off of Amazon.
CD player was still an optional accessory in 2020 for sure

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Do a good writeup for us if you pull it off.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the factory CD Player is not going to work on a 2022 with UC5. The CD Player will not show up in the media sources on UC5 radios after it’s enabled with AlfaOBD.

Users who are viewing this thread