5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carven Exhaust Group Buy??

Would you participate in a 2019 Ram 1500 Carven Exhaust Cat Back Group Buy

• Total voters

Carven Exhaust

Reaction score
ANYTHING we can do to help facilitate we would be more than willing to help. Any questions comments concerns regarding product, fitment or the manufacturing side, please do not hesitate. Thank you @KJRam , a huge shout out from Carven Exhaust to him. He is solely responsible for introducing us to this forum and we are now using this as a test to launch into multiple forums across the board.

So if there is genuine interest in this, we can now take this idea one step closer. I see quite a few people on the fence, let me know what I can do to help!

kingkasc

Reaction score
ANYTHING we can do to help facilitate we would be more than willing to help. Any questions comments concerns regarding product, fitment or the manufacturing side, please do not hesitate. Thank you @KJRam , a huge shout out from Carven Exhaust to him. He is solely responsible for introducing us to this forum and we are now using this as a test to launch into multiple forums across the board.

So if there is genuine interest in this, we can now take this idea one step closer. I see quite a few people on the fence, let me know what I can do to help!
Amazing! Thanks for joining us!

jscoc

Reaction score
This is awesome, is there any way to get inside cabin videos of the exhaust system so people can hear what the exhaust sounds from inside the truck I know some members are worried about drone inside the cabin this might help

Carven Exhaust

Reaction score
This is awesome, is there any way to get inside cabin videos of the exhaust system so people can hear what the exhaust sounds from inside the truck I know some members are worried about drone inside the cabin this might help

I can absolutely get on that. We have the competitor installed on it on the lift right now. it will not be anything special, just a clip recorded with my iPhone X.. does that work?

jscoc

Reaction score
I can absolutely get on that. We have the competitor installed on it on the lift right now. it will not be anything special, just a clip recorded with my iPhone X.. does that work?
Absolutely that does! I know me personally I'm torn between the two I love the sound of the competitor just nervous on how loud it is in the cabin

Carven Exhaust

Reaction score
Absolutely that does! I know me personally I'm torn between the two I love the sound of the competitor just nervous on how loud it is in the cabin

its NOT bad. and I'm not just trying to upsell anyone. We had a 2017 Rebel with the competitor series installed for over a year. we all live in the Mecca of Strict modification laws.. CHP down here would've hassled us if it was to the point of getting law enforcements attention. also, As for an example, I have a 3 year old son myself. Even with the competitor kit, it was NEVER enough to bother him( or distract his sleeping), or anyone else in the truck. Yes you hear the exhaust, but its not "drone-y" at all. No headaches, no complaints, and can hold a regular conversation with the person in front or behind you. Let me see about getting a quick video done right now.

mhb1638

Reaction score
its NOT bad. and I'm not just trying to upsell anyone. We had a 2017 Rebel with the competitor series installed for over a year. we all live in the Mecca of Strict modification laws.. CHP down here would've hassled us if it was to the point of getting law enforcements attention. also, As for an example, I have a 3 year old son myself. Even with the competitor kit, it was NEVER enough to bother him( or distract his sleeping), or anyone else in the truck. Yes you hear the exhaust, but its not "drone-y" at all. No headaches, no complaints, and can hold a regular conversation with the person in front or behind you. Let me see about getting a quick video done right now.

I disagree. I have nothing against this product but I can attest it was fking loud. This was a progressive kit. It was very loud. And that meant loud at 4am start and loud in the cab. The MDS sound was abnoxious. I mean no offense but I can attest this kit is loud and a tad obnoxious. I sold my kit in 3 days. I wish I could get behind this product, I really do, as the sound at idle is really nice and gets noticed....but too much for me inside the cab.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here are two random YouTube videos of 2018 competitor product. Everyone has an opinion but loudness is very subjective.

Second video- has some language- not work or kid friendly

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Here is a video from someone who installed the mufflex drone suppression J pipe because they drive a lot on the highway in MDS and were experiencing some drone they didn’t like and wanted to try to reduce it but keep the aggressive tone. To some it may be something that you potentially pick up on and to others it may not be there at all. Everyone is different.

John813

Reaction score
Coming from the Ford world of trucks, I wish I knew a good comparison for the Carven exhaust.

Is the progressive close to the Roush exhaust in terms of loudness? (5.0/6.2 engines)

While I want some noise, the garage is right next to the baby room, and I don't want to get **** over my truck waking him up every morning. lol

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Coming from the Ford world of trucks, I wish I knew a good comparison for the Carven exhaust.

Is the progressive close to the Roush exhaust in terms of loudness? (5.0/6.2 engines)

While I want some noise, the garage is right next to the baby room, and I don't want to get **** over my truck waking him up every morning. lol

I’m told that Corsa is similar in loudness to the progressive from Carven but I do not have any personal experience

Carven Exhaust

Reaction score
Well, heres what I can do. Since everyone believes in one thing over the other, I Can just post the decibel readings. Ion my opinion, I feel a sleeping child in the back seat with my wife up front having a conversation paired with the more aggressive gearing the Ram Rebel has, would've warranted a lot more complaints if this was truly the case. I am not discrediting anyones thoughts or opinions. Believe me, I leave at 0430 everyday as well, that also live15 yards to both sides of me. I'm not saying the kit isn't, loud by any means. But its also NOT stock. You're never going to not hear an aftermarket exhaust kit. But again, everyones opinion and interpretation of "drone" is different and therefor subjective. Ill post up the DB readings as I get them WITH a photo. We can put it at least into numbers at this point. comparing anything to stock is apples to oranges. comparing an aftermarket kit up against another aftermarket kit and measuring drone would be completely different.

Last edited:

mhb1638

Reaction score
Well, heres what I can do. Since everyone believes in one thing over the other, I Can just post the decimal readings. Ion my opinion, I feel a sleeping child in the back seat with my wife up front having a conversation paired with the more aggressive gearing the Ram Rebel has, would've warranted a lot more complaints if this was truly the case. I am not discrediting anyones thoughts or opinions. Believe me, I leave at 0430 everyday as well, that also live15 yards to both sides of me. I'm not saying the kit isn't, loud by any means. But its also NOT stock. You're never going to not hear an aftermarket exhaust kit. But again, everyones opinion and interpretation of "drone" is different and therefor subjective. Ill post up the DB readings as I get them WITH a photo. We can put it at least into numbers at this point. comparing anything to stock is apples to oranges. comparing an aftermarket kit up against another aftermarket kit and measuring drone would be completely different.
I'm only sharing my experience. I currently have a Borla system on mine and the sound is alright I guess. Not loud, descent tone. Quiet in the can when cruising with MDS on. Before that I hate a 17 Rebel with your progressive kit then Magnaflow kit. I loved the sound of your kit at idle, but couldn't handle the noise inside especially with MDS. If I were to try this again I Would probably just want the muffler so I can keep my resonators as well as the Carven tips I just bought.

Carven Exhaust

Reaction score
alright, just got done shooting. I took it with the DB reader at cold start and normal operating idle outside the vehicle. I then did a normal reading from in the cabin with the DB reader on, then compared that to what a speaking voice reads inside the cab. After that I tried to cover everything. Normal driving, Wide open throttle, and driving getting to cruising speed with MDS ON. Hopefully this will help better interpret it for everyone.

19BlkRam

Reaction score
alright, just got done shooting. I took it with the DB reader at cold start and normal operating idle outside the vehicle. I then did a normal reading from in the cabin with the DB reader on, then compared that to what a speaking voice reads inside the cab. After that I tried to cover everything. Normal driving, Wide open throttle, and driving getting to cruising speed with MDS ON. Hopefully this will help better interpret it for everyone.

Sweet!!! You da Man!

Users who are viewing this thread