5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carven Exhaust Group Buy??

Would you participate in a 2019 Ram 1500 Carven Exhaust Cat Back Group Buy

• Total voters

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Would anybody be interested? They recently released a new 2019 Ram cat back system. I have an email out to Carven to see if they would support a group buy from the forums. I don't own anything Carven and have no affiliation however I am interested in a group buy if they present us with the ability to have one. I ordered a 2019 limited crew cab

See link for info on the new system.

https://www.carvenexhaust.com/products/ram/ram-truck-kit-2009-2017-the-progressive-series-989.html

I know a few people have already pre-ordered the system but maybe we can get it retroactive possibly? Who knows...

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
From my research- for anyone that thinks the competitor series might be too "loud" for their tastes (neighbors, kids, wife, etc), Carven also offers the Progressive muffler option (no cost difference) as part of the cat back system which is more in-line with other companies exhaust system in terms of "loudness". The videos above are the competitor muffler but I think it sounds great. Everyone has their own opinion on likes though!

MattF

Reaction score
It solely depends if there will be any drowning in the cab... if not I'm in... but would need some kind of validation that there is no drowning.

THanks

Matt

MattF

Reaction score
That would probably only be a risk if you drove it underwater ;)

But seriously, I would also be interested to hear confirmation that there’s no exhaust drone.
:) Drowning in the droning :)

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Any luck on the group buy?

Carven reached out to say they were interested in participating but didn’t provide any of the specifics on the group buy yet. They were exploring and planning to get in touch with the forum admins to potentially create a vendor/sponsor account and join the forums to be hands on. More to follow soon. If others are interested please continue to cast your votes!!! Thank you

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Owned a progressive on my '17 and there was significant drone.

I guess we won’t really know until the people who preordered the first batch start reporting in. Was your system a full cat back system though or did you delete your resonators if it was just the muffler? I believe the progressive is known is have slightly more drone then the competitor when in MDS 4 cycle but I have read up a lot on multiple forums and people don’t tend to mention any drone. I even watched a long YouTube video the other day and the guy said he had no drone windows up or down. Also was not to loud in the cab with the windows up nor down but sounded great. Could be subjective from one person to another too

mhb1638

Reaction score
I guess we won’t really know until the people who preordered the first batch start reporting in. Was your system a full cat back system though or did you delete your resonators if it was just the muffler? I believe the progressive is known is have slightly more drone then the competitor when in MDS 4 cycle but I have read up a lot on multiple forums and people don’t tend to mention any drone. I even watched a long YouTube video the other day and the guy said he had no drone windows up or down. Also was not to loud in the cab with the windows up nor down but sounded great. Could be subjective from one person to another too
Was the entire thing. One thing I recall was the loudness. Even for the progressive series it was loud. I had my kit on 3 days and sold it. I wish you all good luck with these kits. For me, just to loud in the can and drone and horrible MDS sound

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Was the entire thing. One thing I recall was the loudness. Even for the progressive series it was loud. I had my kit on 3 days and sold it. I wish you all good luck with these kits. For me, just to loud in the can and drone and horrible MDS sound

And it was definitely Carven? I wasn’t aware they released a full cat back on there Ram in prior years, it was just the muffler. It was presented to me as 2019 being the first Ram full cat back system from Carven.
Regardless- loudness is definitely a personal preference. What most are looking for when they upgrade and no one knows performance metrics else you dyno before the cat back and after the cat back. Soon Carven will be on the forums and hopefully can shed more light on drone/loudness etc drone is definitely something no one appreciates or wants.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And it was definitely Carven? I wasn’t aware they released a full cat back on there Ram in prior years, it was just the muffler. It was presented to me as 2019 being the first Ram full cat back system from Carven.
Regardless- loudness is definitely a personal preference. What most are looking for when they upgrade and no one knows performance metrics else you dyno before the cat back and after the cat back. Soon Carven will be on the forums and hopefully can shed more light on drone/loudness etc drone is definitely something no one appreciates or wants.
There was no cat back for 4th gens. Just a direct fit muffler. I'll post as soon as mine gets in and I get it installed. I have already ordered the Competitor system and it will be shipping any day now.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Yes sorry, I meant muffler only without reso.... If I recall correctly.
I currently have the BORLA muffler installed with factory resos, and it's not bad. Still haven't truly found the sounds I want without the harshness and loudness and drone that I don't want.

kingkasc

Reaction score
Yes sorry, I meant muffler only without reso.... If I recall correctly.
I currently have the BORLA muffler installed with factory resos, and it's not bad. Still haven't truly found the sounds I want without the harshness and loudness and drone that I don't want.
I had a fully borla exhaust on my 300c and loved it!

Users who are viewing this thread