5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CarPlay Audio Question

TonyUsmc

Reaction score
I have a 20’ 1500 Laramie, I prefer using the car play just because of the hands free aspect and ease of use and what not. But I noticed the other day that I didn’t plug my phone to the USB that it connected to Bluetooth and played my music and the sound was night and day! The sound through Bluetooth Audio is much better than the car play/ USB. Does anyone have a remedy for this or is this just how it is? Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me haha

Skater

Reaction score
I use CarPlay2Air and the sound for me is the same when using the CarPlay or without using CarPlay if I connect via Bluetooth to play tunes from my phone. The only issue I have is when using CarPlay, which is configured as the screen at the top, having XM radio screen at the bottom of my 12" screen, most of the time I have to click (push) multiple times on the different stations to get them to change. I do not have this issue when XM is the main screen and the stations are aligned along the top of the screen, when in the configuration it only takes one click (push) to change stations. I have not tried to replicate this issue with FM yet.

Bearman95

Reaction score
I have found that the sound using Apple CarPlay on my iPhone is much better than Bluetooth in my 2020 ram Laramie 4 x 4. there is a night and day difference as you say but with the phone plugged in to CarPlay is much better, crisper sound! That’s my perspective of it anyway!

TonyUsmc

Reaction score
I have found that the sound using Apple CarPlay on my iPhone is much better than Bluetooth in my 2020 ram Laramie 4 x 4. there is a night and day difference as you say but with the phone plugged in to CarPlay is much better, crisper sound! That’s my perspective of it anyway!

So interesting cause mine sounds better with Bluetooth, my old car sounded better through car play, does yours come up like this? I found it weird because usually these buttons around the “play/pause, skip and previous” tabs never showed up on my other car play cars but this one shows different. Are you using a regular USB or USB-C
b9f1b7b7ccff74d7dea7a9291bd60c30.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearman95

Reaction score
I have the 8.4, and mine usually comes up where it shows the artist and graphics. Not sure which USB I’m using, it is the one that is Closest to the driver side below the radio. I rarely use Bluetooth for my phone because it sounds so much better on Apple CarPlay where my Iphone is plugged in.

TonyUsmc

Reaction score
I have the 8.4, and mine usually comes up where it shows the artist and graphics. Not sure which USB I’m using, it is the one that is Closest to the driver side below the radio. I rarely use Bluetooth for my phone because it sounds so much better on Apple CarPlay where my Iphone is plugged in.

Does your also show the boxes around the play/pause and forward and back ward buttons?

Bearman95

Reaction score
It only does that when I switch from something like XM radio back to CarPlay. Then I can press the media button and it shows graphics and song title. If I go straight to CarPlay it does not show that

nburd

Reaction score
I agree my experience is the same. Plugged in is better than Bluetooth.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't notice any difference between them. Theoretically CarPlay should be better because it's using audio sent via USB and not Bluetooth compression.

Wreckm

Reaction score
2020 rebel standard speakers

Ive noticed lower sounds when playing through carplay. I usually play music through spotify and yesterday i barely changed my equalizer settings on spotify and the sounds have increased when connected to carplay.

GhostDrummer

Reaction score
I get a much cleaner and louder sound quality using CarPlay...I can control everything either on the screen, phone, or steering wheel controls. 2019 Rebel with the 8.4 screen. My only issue is anytime I drive a bit and then stop, like going to a store, and I don’t use my window sunshades, when I start the truck again, sometimes CarPlay won’t work. It wont register my phone through the regular media player either. I’ll have to use Bluetooth and it sucks. I’ll let the truck sit for an hour or two and then it will connect just fine. I think its the heat from the sun because it only does it when the outside temp is above 75F...At least this is what I’ve observed. I’ve had the truck since 04/19 and it only had 66 miles on it.

TonyUsmc

Reaction score
Car play in the RAM drives me CRAZY. It works 90% of the time - the other 10% it as if it isn't even plugged in. Anyone else experience this?

No man, but I’ve only had the truck for about a week and a half but never experienced an issue with it

EugeneYYZ

Reaction score
Car play in the RAM drives me CRAZY. It works 90% of the time - the other 10% it as if it isn't even plugged in. Anyone else experience this?
every car does that , on my limited the same , on mine latest X5 also glitches happen

EugeneYYZ

Reaction score
No man, but I’ve only had the truck for about a week and a half but never experienced an issue with it

Just wait a little , its like a new girfriend , at the beginning everithing nice , but later ....... LOL

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I get a much cleaner and louder sound quality using CarPlay...I can control everything either on the screen, phone, or steering wheel controls. 2019 Rebel with the 8.4 screen. My only issue is anytime I drive a bit and then stop, like going to a store, and I don’t use my window sunshades, when I start the truck again, sometimes CarPlay won’t work. It wont register my phone through the regular media player either. I’ll have to use Bluetooth and it sucks. I’ll let the truck sit for an hour or two and then it will connect just fine. I think its the heat from the sun because it only does it when the outside temp is above 75F...At least this is what I’ve observed. I’ve had the truck since 04/19 and it only had 66 miles on it.

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

puba08

Reaction score
I picked up my truck last week. Love the CarPlay feature but can’t figure out why a $50k+ truck couldn’t have WIRELESS CarPlay. I hate taking my phone off my hip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TonyUsmc

Reaction score
I picked up my truck last week. Love the CarPlay feature but can’t figure out why a $50k+ truck couldn’t have WIRELESS CarPlay. I hate taking my phone off my hip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah I don’t really get that, I guess there’s stuff like Carplay2Air you can plug it into the USB and the phone connects to CarPlay wirelessly

Users who are viewing this thread