5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CarPlay and Amazon music

tcw3628

Reaction score
Does anyone use Amazon music through CarPlay? I am having an issue where only limited selections will load. For example, if I select Artists, only artists A-F will load. If I select songs, only songs starting with A-D load. I can’t get any selections in the back half of the alphabet.

RamRebel19

Reaction score
I use Amazon music from my iPhone and haven't had any problems. I usually just play my songs on shuffle from my library though. I don't have enough use of the online streaming on it to have any input on issues.

tcw3628

Reaction score
Trying again to see if anyone else has seen this. I still have this issue.

reigninslayer

Reaction score
I had this same issue with Amazon Music and CarPlay with my '17 Chevy Colorado. Never could figure it out. Unfortunately I no longer use Amazon Music so I cannot confirm or deny the issue in my '19 Ram 1500.

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
That same thing happens in my 2019; iPhone / CarPlay and Amazon music ... Exactly as you described. From the truck screen, I can only see the first portion of Albums, Artists, Songs. So when I want to play Motley Crue instead of AC/DC, I have to drive it from my phone screen.

tcw3628

Reaction score
That same thing happens in my 2019; iPhone / CarPlay and Amazon music ... Exactly as you described. From the truck screen, I can only see the first portion of Albums, Artists, Songs. So when I want to play Motley Crue instead of AC/DC, I have to drive it from my phone screen.
Exactly. And I have a feeling Apple and Amazon will just point fingers at each other. But I’m trying to contact them anyways.

ant0064

Reaction score
Well you guys are ahead of the game versus where I am. How do you even access artists/songs/albums with Amazon Music using Android Auto? It remains a mystery on how I can actually use my gigantic, "technologically advanced" screen to actually play my own music library without scrolling and selecting songs with my phone via bluetooth. My iPod no longer works because it's not supported in the truck, and I've tried a flash drive with no success. 2019. I guess no one plays music if they aren't streaming it...at least there's a CD player though (strong sarcasm).

buckeyecool71

Reaction score
Exactly. And I have a feeling Apple and Amazon will just point fingers at each other. But I’m trying to contact them anyways.

I am having this exact issue. It is very annoying and no idea how to fix it.

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
TCW, thought I'd come back to this thread and mention mine is working as I'd expect it to now ... Combination of CarPlay / iPhone and Amazon Music. No idea on Android since I don't use that. I originally said my truck's screen was just showing the first handful of Artists and Albums, meaning I'd have to use my phone to get to the titles later in the alphabet.

I needed to update my iPhone IOS for work, and I also updated all the Apps. Since then, I can do pretty much anything I'd normally do on Amazon Music via the truck's 8.4 screen. I can see everything from AC/DC to ZZ Top now, scroll through it all on the truck screen. Extra bonus ... Waze also shows my actual speed on screen now, didn't before.

tcw3628

Reaction score
TCW, thought I'd come back to this thread and mention mine is working as I'd expect it to now ... Combination of CarPlay / iPhone and Amazon Music. No idea on Android since I don't use that. I originally said my truck's screen was just showing the first handful of Artists and Albums, meaning I'd have to use my phone to get to the titles later in the alphabet.

I needed to update my iPhone IOS for work, and I also updated all the Apps. Since then, I can do pretty much anything I'd normally do on Amazon Music via the truck's 8.4 screen. I can see everything from AC/DC to ZZ Top now, scroll through it all on the truck screen. Extra bonus ... Waze also shows my actual speed on screen now, didn't before.
I’m updating everything now in the hopes this will work for me.

That’s awesome. I just updated everything and hope that will do it. Would you mind sharing what iPhone model and software version you are on? Also what Amazon Music version.

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
I’m updating everything now in the hopes this will work for me.

That’s awesome. I just updated everything and hope that will do it. Would you mind sharing what iPhone model and software version you are on? Also what Amazon Music version.
My phone is older, iPhone SE. I'll keep it 'til it dies, no matter how much my work colleagues poke fun at it :) Phone is running 12.3 and Amazon Music is 8.9.1.5170 (64-bit). Nothing on the truck has changed. Good luck!

tcw3628

Reaction score
My phone is older, iPhone SE. I'll keep it 'til it dies, no matter how much my work colleagues poke fun at it :) Phone is running 12.3 and Amazon Music is 8.9.1.5170 (64-bit). Nothing on the truck has changed. Good luck!
I’m on iPhone X running 12.3.1 and Amazon Music running 8.9.2, both updated yesterday and still no change. Bummer.

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
I’m on iPhone X running 12.3.1 and Amazon Music running 8.9.2, both updated yesterday and still no change. Bummer.
Well that's no good. I won't be super shocked if mine stops working correctly again. But we both have 3.92 gears and 33 gallon tank, so there's that!

mjmike

Reaction score
I have this issue only when the truck in moving. Once you have come to a complete stop, I can load the remaining songs lists. This is some sort of safety feature.

tcw3628

Reaction score
Moving or stopped makes no difference for me. Now I’m starting to just get a black screen sometimes when using Amazon. Have to control using my phone. This is so frustrating.

tcw3628

Reaction score
Year later and still having the same issues. Anyone else?

gthomas719

Reaction score
I have similar issues with Amazon Music over CarPlay and iPhone. Mine won't even load all the songs in a playlist I have. It will play them, but will only load about 11 or so and the rest just don't show up. Of course, that is when my CarPlay even works. It has been to the dealership twice now because it will just drop my connection to the phone, or not connect at all no matter how many times I plug and unplug from both the phone and the truck. Dealership told me it only works with genuine Apple cables..... REALLY?!?!? This is about the only issue I have with the Rebel, but very frustrating not know if you will be able to connect to use WAZE for trips or have it cut out in the middle of a trip.

Users who are viewing this thread