5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Car Wash

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think some of you should buy your truck and then call Jabba the Hutt to have it encased in Carbonite then stored in a vacuum vault so it stays in good shape.

Whatever you do don't drive it!
Encase it in PPF and/or ceramic and store it in a clime controlled garage work?

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Encase it in PPF and/or ceramic and store it in a clime controlled garage work?
Nope, the humidity control in a garage is not tight enough. You know these changes combined with temperature fluctuations of 2+ degrees can cause catastrophic damage over a few millennia. Can't be too careful you know!

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You answered your own question, if you have to ceramic coat your truck twice a year, then the chemicals at the car wash are eroding the ceramic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, this is it right here.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, the humidity control in a garage is not tight enough. You know these changes combined with temperature fluctuations of 2+ degrees can cause catastrophic damage over a few millennia. Can't be too careful you know!
Good thing I just take care of the paint myself then.

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
Anyone who says they just don't have time to spend an hour a week doing a proper maintenance wash really means they just don't want to spend the time doing it. Nothing wrong with that. It's your truck and your time. Spend it how you want.
I wish it was that simple, but I figure that if I can’t have what I want, I’ve got to want what I can have.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This just popped up in my YouTube feed…….

Users who are viewing this thread