5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cap/topper options

slimchance

Reaction score
l

Then I hope you have something like a TruckVault in your bed because any cheesy lock on a cap isn't going to stop anyone who wants to get in...

locks only slow others down and no truck vault will hold what we are taking along .... trk is always in sight or guns are secure otherwise ... caps have worked for 10 yrs so far

Leif_Ram2019

Reaction score
Good news!!! The ARE MX series is now available! I just ordered mine this morning. WOOHOO!!!

Please post LOTS of pics when it comes in! This is also the top I’m leaning towards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike0012

Reaction score
Just ordered the cx-revo today. Told 6-8 weeks for delivery. Will post pictures when it arrives

grimace

Reaction score
Just ordered the cx-revo today. Told 6-8 weeks for delivery. Will post pictures when it arrives
Went to the dealer yesterday and they called ARE and said no orders and no timeline for production on the cx revo. I am looking for the 6'4" option, is yours the 5'7"?

OuachitaAdventure

Reaction score
Dealer told me they aren’t making them either, didn’t specify bed length, just that they stopped production.

mike0012

Reaction score
I was told the delay in production was due to the rear glass not adhering well and these issues are now resolved.

Nick54

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn 5'7" then followed it up with a Leer 100XR which was installed today. Paint match (Rugged Brown Pearl) was spot on. Sure was a lot more expensive then the one I purchased in 1992 for my Chevy 2500 Silverado 8' bed. o_O:LOL:

Last edited:

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was told the delay in production was due to the rear glass not adhering well and these issues are now resolved.

As of 6 days ago, the message from ARE was that production was indefinitely stopped... "While a concrete timeline is not currently known, we have faith that it will be soon. "

Who told you they were back in production? ARE or the distributor?

Dakota

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn 5'7" then followed it up with a Leer 100XR which was installed today. Paint match (Rugged Brown Pearl) was spot on. Sure was a lot more expensive then the one I purchased in 1992 for my Chevy 2500 Silverado 8' bed. o_O:LOL:

Can you please post some pictures.
Sounds like you you pretty much have the truck and topper I will be ordering.

jaychris

Reaction score
As of 6 days ago, the message from ARE was that production was indefinitely stopped... "While a concrete timeline is not currently known, we have faith that it will be soon. "

Who told you they were back in production? ARE or the distributor?

ARE told me directly that the CX Revo was suspended until at least the end of March, due to an issue with the rear door. This was 2 days ago.

Gearwhine

Reaction score
I just ordered a LEER 100RCC with vented windoors for my 6'4" bed; Granite Crystal/PAU.....4 weeks out. After seeing the look of the 100R on SlimChance's Trucks we posted earlier, I was sold. The windoors will definitely detract from the look a bit, but I got a solid deal on the upgrade. The RCC just gives a higher roof weight rating than the 100R, but is effectively the same exact topper.

No joke on costs Nick54! Everything seems to me 700-1000 bucks more than they were 10 years ago.

krakenatwork

Reaction score
FYI I called Fibrobec (a Montreal based company making caps and switchable work modules). They currently have 3 models fitting the 6'4" RAM:

https://fibrobec.com/

e-vision CAD$2395 (fixed windows all-around, I think it also includes color-matched paint)
e-style CAD$2590 (includes sliding windows on the sides, felt/carpet finish on the inside, color-matched paint)
e-sport CAD$2805 (I didn't ask for the options on these)

My guess is they'll have the Z-series (not a zombie movie BTW) sometime in the future for those who prefer the look.

My father had one on his Ranger in the early 90's, another on his Dakota (both models with a raised top) in the latter part of the 90's, I have one on my Colorado (an E-Style) and I'll have one (E-Style) on my RAM.

I don't know if they're available in the U.S., but those who live in upper NY state and VT just have to cross the border and can buy one. With the current exchange rate (1USD$ = 1.319CAD$), it's a bargain for you... Expect to pay 15% taxes though (I guess you can have a tax refund if you're not from Canada but I don't know how it works).

That said, I know you can order them pretty much anywhere in the province of Quebec.

RichT

Reaction score
Trying to price and/or buy an A.R.E. topper is a very frustrating process. I'm about ready to ditch the idea just out of spite. Likely my local dealer that is the issue. They refuse to provide something as basic as option pricing unless I call or visit them.

Why wont you put it in writing? It's a freaking truck topper, not the launch codes.

I don't have time to call and have no interest in stopping by for the hard sell. I simply want to build a topper within my budget. I'm picky. I want to browse and choose and change my mind and compare and SHOP damn it.

Soooo done with this dealer and maybe this topper.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Trying to price and/or buy an A.R.E. topper is a very frustrating process. I'm about ready to ditch the idea just out of spite. Likely my local dealer that is the issue. They refuse to provide something as basic as option pricing unless I call or visit them.

Why wont you put it in writing? It's a freaking truck topper, not the launch codes.

I don't have time to call and have no interest in stopping by for the hard sell. I simply want to build a topper within my budget. I'm picky. I want to browse and choose and change my mind and compare and SHOP **** it.

It's the dealer... find someone else willing to work with you. I sent an email to several near me back in Oct/Nov and they each gave me a ballpark figure figure on the CX REVO (it wasn't available at the time).

Whiskey_tango

Reaction score

I don't have time to call and have no interest in stopping by for the hard sell. I simply want to build a topper within my budget. I'm picky. I want to browse and choose and change my mind and compare and SHOP **** it.

What's the deal with the camper market? Why no advertised pricing? I swear there is more transparency in Auto sales than camper sales.
What is the motivation to do this?

RichT

Reaction score
Saw a video from another dealer doing an install. Couple hour drive only so shot him an email for a quote.

Came back $1000 cheaper than my local non-responsive dealer and will get the sale if I can ever get off my *** and make a decision between this and a canister rollup.

-Rich

capecodcaper

Reaction score
I'm probably going to be pulling the trigger on a Ranch Fusion or Premier. I haven't decided.

Anyone have any experience with these?

Rbronwell

Reaction score
I just came across this thread and wanted to put in my 2cents. I have a 19 Laramie and was coming from a 17 bighorn. 5’7” bed. Got a z-series ARE and it went on the 19’ perfect. It’s sits a bit higher but I don’t notice any extra wind noise. And it doesn’t bother me at all. At the topper dealership here in MN, they wired it and added the switch to turn on the LED strip inside the topper for 150$. Turned out great and couldn’t ask for better!

Attachments

• 2B12BD56-01CA-4460-877F-71B375E94C66.jpeg
    2B12BD56-01CA-4460-877F-71B375E94C66.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 479

Users who are viewing this thread