5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cap/topper options

clarkehaven

Reaction score
I like the Ranch tops....You must have a 5'7" bed. They told me 6'4" are still at least a month out....but maybe that's is bad info......I have gotten plenty of BAD info, especially from ARE. They strung me along for months....total BS.

ARE and Ranch were my first choices but I got tired of their CRAP. Leer and Century were at least accurate with their info so I ordered a Century a couple weeks ago. Will post pics when installed

finally got my Century cap installed last month...…..pretty happy with it and considerably less expensive and less BS than ARE

2019 ram w cap.jpg

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Now you guys have me wondering. I came from an F150 short box s/cab with an upgraded Lear that cost 2K, was just going to get a Mopar trifold for my new limited s box, $750 roughly installed. Now I’m unsure... oh well. Never ends!

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
Now you guys have me wondering. I came from an F150 short box s/cab with an upgraded Lear that cost 2K, was just going to get a Mopar trifold for my new limited s box, $750 roughly installed. Now I’m unsure... oh well. Never ends!

I'm in the same boat. I like the camper top (a Suburban or Yukon XL was supposed to be my next vehicle until I got the RAM), but at the same time want to keep the truck usability that comes from the tri-fold tonneau. This is harder than any other decision I've ever made! :LOL:

Wild Bill Ram

Reaction score
Hi Laz
Care to share where you wired top/cap in to have it operate?....Bought a Raider through aftermarket shop..He couldn't do it ...2.5 hours with 2 techs at Toys for Trucks.....Finally Ram Dealer.....huge fail...............still just manual....

Laz

Reaction score
Hi Laz
Care to share where you wired top/cap in to have it operate?....Bought a Raider through aftermarket shop..He couldn't do it ...2.5 hours with 2 techs at Toys for Trucks.....Finally Ram Dealer.....huge fail...............still just manual....
Hi there Wild Bill Ram, my top/cap isn't wired in. I manually unlock it and lock it w a key. I could have ordered the part that wired in to a electrical socket behind the rear bumper which ties it in w the key fob when one locks and unlocks via the remote. In then end I did not as it doesn't bother me to unlock and lock manually. Hope this helps.

slimchance

Reaction score
buying a 5th camper and now need to sell my 6 mo. old Leer Diamond Black Crystal cap for 6' 4" bed ... live near Lancastrer Pa

CMENT

Reaction score
Anyone have pics of a Leer 100xq on a new body? Was Looking at a ARE Z2, but they do not have an option for sliding side windows yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LiveFree

Reaction score
Love all these pics of shells!! Bought the Lomax tonneau as wife didn’t want the shell on this one. First out of town trip and she’s asking if they have shells in stock so we can fit more in the back. One is definitely in my future again!

pjschwartz

Reaction score
I called ARE yesterday to see if there are any updates because I really want the CX Evolve.

The lady was pretty tight lipped and said they are still redeveloping that topper. I couldn’t even get her to give a 3 month, 6 month or even 1 year or longer projection on availability.

Just too bad, I would shelled the money for one of those things.

Users who are viewing this thread