5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't decide between these two used Laramies

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I got a price from MD on a new one, but add on 2500 to ship, I was at 61,500.
Well, that sucks. Hopefully that dealership comes to their senses and calls you back by the weekend, but by then you might want 2k off their asking price. Lol

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got a price from MD on a new one, but add on 2500 to ship, I was at 61,500.

Sure, but I'd much rather either give up a few options to get in your budget and go brand new, or up your budget a little more. Either way, I wouldn't want to overpay that much for something used just because it fits the budget. All of our situations are different, but the truck I bought didn't match my original budget either. Just no way I was going to overpay by that much for something used, so I over payed less for something new.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree ^ give a few options up and go new.
Write down your “must have” features and remove the others. Remember certain features can be added later on by yourself as funds become available. I would must rather go brand new then pay the dealership bs markup on a used vehicles due to todays shortages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jzinckgra

Reaction score
Gotta laugh. While looking through the used car listings I notice the dealer that refused my offer yesterday increased the price 150. Seems odd as they just decreased it 150 last week. I must have ticked them off when I told them to pound sand.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably hoping somebody comes in this weekend or between Christmas and buys it lol. It’s funny anytime in the past when I bought a used vehicle I’ve always bought them from other manufacturer dealers and gotten better deals to get it off their lot. My 4th Gen Ram I bought from a Toyota dealer. During negotiation process I made the comment that there’s slim chance they’re going to be able to fetch the premium prices they want for their Tundra, Tacoma when you have a better optioned, lower mileage, better priced Ram sitting on their lot. It had to have some effect because I got the price down to what I wanted to pay with very little bs.

jzinckgra

Reaction score
Probably hoping somebody comes in this weekend or between Christmas and buys it lol. It’s funny anytime in the past when I bought a used vehicle I’ve always bought them from other manufacturer dealers and gotten better deals to get it off their lot. My 4th Gen Ram I bought from a Toyota dealer. During negotiation process I made the comment that there’s slim chance they’re going to be able to fetch the premium prices they want for their Tundra, Tacoma when you have a better optioned, lower mileage, better priced Ram sitting on their lot. It had to have some effect because I got the price down to what I wanted to pay with very little bs.

Lol, emailed the dealer and asked if they would reconsider my offer. No response. I look online and see they upped the price yet again. When I test drove it was $56,900. A week later they dropped to $56,750. Now they're at $57,400. WTH!? Would this be due to market conditions changing that rapidly in such a short period of time?

Users who are viewing this thread