5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you still order 5.7 Without eTorque?

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those look great. I got the off road pkg which is supposed to give me a 1” lift. Not sure if it’s a body lift or suspension but I’m thinkIng suspension because the off road pkg comes with HD suspension. 275s are puny. My Jeep has 315s (35”) tires and it looks great. I really don’t want to trim anything just yet.

I wanted the off road group but couldn’t opt it at time of order. I would have been happy with the 1” suspension lift that comes with the ORG and some 33’s but since I couldn’t get it I just figured what the heck and go 3 1/2” if I’m going to install a aftermarket lift anyway. I may not have had to trim any if I would have used the factory wheels with the positive offset, oh well! If you haven’t already, you may look through the other threads pertaining to this. I was thinking somewhere someone mentioned putting 33’s and someone else put 275/65/R20’s on a stock ‘19 with no problems. Good luck!

Last edited:

sgk

Reaction score
I may have missed this in other topics but what's the benefit from not going with E torque? (besides the $500 upcharge) are ones just worried there is more to break down? I'm not sure why I didn't get it, I just don't like the sound of the start/stop and was to dumb to know it could be shut off.

for about 500 it seems like a no-brainer but I'm sure many have very valid reasons not wanting it.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I may have missed this in other topics but what's the benefit from not going with E torque? (besides the $500 upcharge) are ones just worried there is more to break down? I'm not sure why I didn't get it, I just don't like the sound of the start/stop and was to dumb to know it could be shut off.

for about 500 it seems like a no-brainer but I'm sure many have very valid reasons not wanting it.
If I am understanding this correctly not sure if I am however E-torque costs alot more then $500

sgk

Reaction score
If I am understanding this correctly not sure if I am however E-torque costs alot more then $500

Oh cause in Canada its only 500 cad. so I didn't know it would be that much more in the US.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh cause in Canada its only 500 cad. so I didn't know it would be that much more in the US.
I wanna say its around 2k(+) in the USA right now but I could be wrong

sgk

Reaction score
I wanna say its around 2k(+) in the USA right now but I could be wrong
just loooked it up its 800 US. now im regret not getting it for 500CAD. it was a bargain

JohnC

Reaction score
It was the same as the non etorque when I ordered mine. Mines still in “I” status. Week 6 now.

JohnC

Reaction score
I wanted the off road group but couldn’t opt it at time of order. I would have been happy with the 1” suspension lift that comes with the ORG and some 33’s but since I couldn’t get it I just figured what the heck and go 3 1/2” if I’m going to install a aftermarket lift anyway. I may not have had to trim any if I would have used the factory wheels with the positive offset, oh well! If you haven’t already, you may look through the other threads pertaining to this. I was thinking somewhere someone mentioned putting 33’s and someone else put 275/65/R20’s on a stock ‘19 with now problems. Good luck!

Thank you. My wheels are 275/55/R20 stock. If I’m going to spend the money and change out new tires I’ll go with 315s.

rvsixer

Reaction score
I may have missed this in other topics but what's the benefit from not going with E torque? (besides the $500 upcharge) are ones just worried there is more to break down?
Higher payload, and one less system to break. Still, the other significant advantages have me leaning towards e-torque.

Users who are viewing this thread