5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the hemi run on e15?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've checked all local and federal laws. It's a marine tank approved for gasoline storage, it's not directly plumbed or wired, It is DOT approved to hold 3psi and can be filled to the 18-gal mark, it can be removed without the use of any tools. In other words, it's the equivalent having a gas can in the back.

What would be illegal is if it were plumbed to a gravity or electronic pump. I manually transfer it, but I will often do it in my driveway or on a pee break. Dangerous is debatable, you're permitted to carry gasoline in a DOT-approved container.

And yes, with Diesel, there is a lot more freedom. Titan Tanks makes an electronic transfer kit that works while you drive.
I initially couldn't tell whether it's directly plumbed or wired from the pic. After zooming way in it's obvious it's not. Good to hear you're legal with that setup. Thanks for clarifying. (y)

Users who are viewing this thread