5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can my Ram get Coronavirus?

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, at least NASCAR is running without fans in the stands.

Apparently Covid-19 is too slow or unable to turn left.

The world has gone nuts over this. Wash your damn hands and use the same precautions you should for influenza.

Last edited:

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Might be a good time to buy car wash stock... Nervous owners will be sanitizing their vehicles more... Detail shops will be doing more "deep cleaning".
Investment opportunities! :)

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Besides Nascar, this entire country has gone totally hysterical. I'm frankly amazed...worst reaction since 9/11 and such media blown sensationalism for something that is not YET as deadly as the H1N1 flu. "From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus." further more...

"80 percent of (H1N1)pdm09 virus-related deaths were estimated to have occurred in people younger than 65 years of age. This differs greatly from typical seasonal influenza epidemics, during which about 70 percent to 90 percent of deaths are estimated to occur in people 65 years and older."

I don't remember needing to hoard toilet paper, schools cancelling local events (in areas with zero known cases mind you), sports leagues shutting down and not going into a group more than 250 people (like that matters, who the hell came up with that number?).

What a freaking cluster...

Yes, the scary thing is that this shows just how stupid the general public really is.

COVID-19 is a respiratory illness. It travels through the air we breathe. So, washing your hands and buying all the Lysol wipes that Walmart has on the shelf does exactly ZERO to stop this.

H1N1, Ebola, Avian flu, Swine flu, Flu A, Flu B, etc. etc....not one single thing I know of got closed down or cancelled. Here we are, with a virus that doesn't even give children symptoms and healthy adults recover in less than two weeks, and you'd think WWIII was happening.

It's like Andrew Hamilton said, "It's not who wins the election you should be concerned with, it's the stupidity of the masses."

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
COVID-19 is a respiratory illness. It travels through the air we breathe. So, washing your hands and buying all the Lysol wipes that Walmart has on the shelf does exactly ZERO to stop this.
Transported through the air in tiny fluid droplets. Those particles land on things, things touched by people, which then allows them to be transported where anyone touches.

The way this virus can be transmitted before an infected host even shows symptoms means that it will not be contained. It will become endemic, like influenza. Life is risky (including driving our trucks). We mitigate risk where we can, but some level of risk, including the risk of death, is acceptable to us humans. We'll learn to live with this and carry on.

This Psy Op getting everyone wound up about this is an object lesson.

This dialog from Men in Black comes to mind in situations like this;

Edwards: Why the big secret? People are smart. They can handle it.

Kay: A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, the scary thing is that this shows just how stupid the general public really is.

H1N1, Ebola, Avian flu, Swine flu, Flu A, Flu B, etc. etc....not one single thing I know of got closed down or cancelled. Here we are, with a virus that doesn't even give children symptoms and healthy adults recover in less than two weeks, and you'd think WWIII was happening.

It's like Andrew Hamilton said, "It's not who wins the election you should be concerned with, it's the stupidity of the masses."
This is true if you never touch your face with your hands, especially after touching any other surface...since the virus can live on surfaces for days, if not weeks. For example, I’m typing this on my phone, which often comes into contact with other surfaces and my hands. I even hold my phone up to my ear at times. This means if my phone or hands are ever within 3-6 feet of an infected person that sneezes or coughs - or my phone or hands come into contact with any surface that such a person has previously come into contact with (or sneezed / coughed near), then I could easily contract the virus by bringing my hands or phone near my mouth, nose, or ears.

Thus, it makes a heck of a lot of sense to disinfect surfaces, especially in public areas.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Face it, you're all gonna' die.
Ship me your trucks with clean titles...but wash them first...

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now NASCAR has postponed the next 2 events.

Nowhere to go, no sports on TV...

I guess Netflix is going to get some capacity testing this weekend.

CrazyWorld

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now NASCAR has postponed the next 2 events.

Nowhere to go, no sports on TV...

I guess Netflix is going to get some capacity testing this weekend.

Wonder if we will see a population boom in about 9 months???

StrangeGuy

Reaction score

deadpool4514

Reaction score
No, your truck cannot get the coronavirus as you have already had the Natty light Ice in a can virus and have trained your truck to expect pisswater as a beer substitute.

Now, if you were a Guiness guy you could be in trouble. Training your truck to carry a beer that you have to chew leaves it totally unprepared for a beer someone else already drank.
Now those are great words.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was told by older friend of mine, many in his family active/retired military. So he doesn’t bs or play games. His one son is military, got in contact with his friend based or been living in China. Asked him about what’s going on over there. He said it’s been fine and back to normal for 1-2 weeks already. :unsure:

Take it as you will. just relaying what I was told. It’s amusing that even from young childhood. First thing you are taught is to stay calm..... which seems to be the norm for most. Till the media exploits it. Maybe I’m getting old, and seen a few situations arise. This seems to be a worsening trend.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was told by older friend of mine, many in his family active/retired military. So he doesn’t bs or play games. His one son is military, got in contact with his friend based or been living in China. Asked him about what’s going on over there. He said it’s been fine and back to normal for 1-2 weeks already. :unsure:

Take it as you will. just relaying what I was told. It’s amusing that even from young childhood. First thing you are taught is to stay calm..... which seems to be the norm for most. Till the media exploits it. Maybe I’m getting old, and seen a few situations arise. This seems to be a worsening trend.
Amen. After you get some miles on your odometer, you have some context to notice and understand these things. It's pretty amazing to see how fragile society is and how easily it can be exploited.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
My Ram has a better chance of getting the Coronavirus than a UConnect update.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread