5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bumper / active air dam

23RAM

Reaction score
Frankly, the posts "I got 30MPG on a 40 mile trip" (example) is kind of getting old, or those screen shots showing "35 instant mpg", or even a "35mpg average".
Then stop reading them?
I don't abide by the "cancel culture" mentality. If you don't like it, don't read it.
Drive your truck about 300 miles, THEN post your EVIC showing the miles driven, time, and the MPG over that time period, and THEN, and only then, will you have a realistic overview of your "average MPG". I guarantee its not going to be anywhere near what you brag about.
I'm not posting about average mileage. Seems a lot of people don't get that. I don't care about averages. I want to know what mileage my truck is getting in the city and on the highway, not sitting in the grocery store parking lot with the A/C on waiting for my wife to grab some bread. I already know that's 0 mpg so need to average that.

My AAD works fine, and I'm keeping it enabled to help with my mileage, thank you.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Frankly, the posts "I got 30MPG on a 40 mile trip" (example) is kind of getting old, or those screen shots showing "35 instant mpg", or even a "35mpg average".

Drive your truck about 300 miles, THEN post your EVIC showing the miles driven, time, and the MPG over that time period, and THEN, and only then, will you have a realistic overview of your "average MPG". I guarantee its not going to be anywhere near what you brag about.
Getting old? It's been old.

Even an EVIC of 200 miles or so

I really did like Dewey's picture
38.5 mpg on a 35 mile trip is impressive (I know his post is in satire)
1694197146672.png

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you start at the top of a mountain and go down for like 100 miles you’ll come out looking pretty snazzy.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I drive between Detroit, and northern Michigan at least 2 trips a month. South, I get 2 MPG better than north.

bribout

Reaction score
so, no bumper or AAD ? ha. I think I'm going to end up going through insurance anyway since my GF said that my lights look like they are all pointing in different directions. ha. might as well have them find any and all issues. glad this post was used for something, even if it was the age ol' MPG debate . lol

Users who are viewing this thread