5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Built in navigation doesn't find any addresses

Rupp

Reaction score
Guys,
I'm sure this has been covered but I didn't find anything definitive. Today I wanted to try out my navigation for the first time in 4 years (2020 Ram larger screen). I keyed in an address and the nav returned an error (can't remember the exact error) but it basically said it couldn't find the address try offline. Of course off line didn't work either. Is this to be expected since I didn't maintain my SiriusXM subscription?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Guys,
I'm sure this has been covered but I didn't find anything definitive. Today I wanted to try out my navigation for the first time in 4 years (2020 Ram larger screen). I keyed in an address and the nav returned an error (can't remember the exact error) but it basically said it couldn't find the address try offline. Of course off line didn't work either. Is this to be expected since I didn't maintain my SiriusXM subscription?
Without updates or subscription, it won't work. At least that's my understanding.

Rupp

Reaction score
Wow, I'm glad I have Car Play or this would be a sham. Pay for the larger screen and the nav doesn't work without a subscription. Just doesn't seem right but then again that was the first time I've tried it in 4 years so it obviously wasn't too important.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Same here, I'm off subscription and mine still works. But, I am also pretty sure that the online search has always failed but offline works just fine.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It should work for any address that existed when your maps were last updated.
@Rupp this is the answer. 2020 truck has 2018 maps in it, so if the address is newer than 6 years ago it won't find it. My house is in a field according to my Nav because it was built in 2019.

Users who are viewing this thread