5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Build your 2020 ram online!

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don’t understand why they don’t put a Diesel in the Power Wagon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t understand why they don’t put a Diesel in the Power Wagon?

Main reason...winch in the way of inter cooler. 2nd reason...diesel is very heavy for offroad. 3rd reason...payload...a powerwagon only has about 1300...a diesel loses just at 830 pounds payload to a Hemi...you do the math.

theonlyMcG

Reaction score
Still not available. They have always said 4th quarter of this year so we probably won't hear anything until October

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I ordered my 2020 Ram Limited on Wednesday. I ended up going with the eTorque Hemi. The dealer could have ordered the EcoDiesel but they agreed that there was no way of knowing yet when they will actually get built or show up at the dealer. That was my main reason for just pulling the trigger on the Hemi. But it does seem like it is open for dealers to order the EcoDiesel, they just haven't been told when they will be ready. My dealer was super ready to help with ordering though which makes a difference. They are usually a high volume truck dealer since I am out in Ag country but with all the issues facing Ag this year their truck sales are really down.

Jim L

Reaction score
Did you put a deposit down or negotiate price? My dealer order my truck but no deposit. I assume if the deal does not work out they will have no problem selling it

theonlyMcG

Reaction score
Did you put a deposit down or negotiate price? My dealer order my truck but no deposit. I assume if the deal does not work out they will have no problem selling it
I did not have to put anything down. I am using a code from a friend that works for FCA so not a lot of negotiating. Dealer is just going to use the code and tack on as many discounts/rebates as possible.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I called my dealer yesterday, and he said they are not available to order yet LI, NY

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did not have to put anything down. I am using a code from a friend that works for FCA so not a lot of negotiating. Dealer is just going to use the code and tack on as many discounts/rebates as possible.

Do you think it’s available to order in certain areas and not others?

RAMpage

Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if the Canadian govt. has to approve the new model for sale in Canada.

Would have been done a while ago now. The 2019 was late coming here but figured by 2020 they’d be caught up. Too many 2019’s left I suppose!

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
...or maybe the government has to certify every model year including changes to safety equipment (like the headlight redesign)?

768mph

Reaction score
Any idea on production start date for Hydro Blue 2020s?

If I knew they were going to bring it back I would have held out. I’m not a color guy, always been white, gray or silver. (Current Silver Laramie)

But that Hydro Blue is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread