5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bug deflector

Zemlyak

Reaction score
Hi, Are you installing bug deflector or it is funny looking these days? :) Could you suggest best one for 2021 Laremie. Also window deflectors if you don't mind. Thanks!

Last edited:

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the mopar in channel vent visors and have had no issues. I would love a low profile bug deflector, but haven’t found one for the sport hood on my rebel yet. Weather tech or mopar both make decent deflectors and vent visors.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hi, Are you installing bug diflector or it is funny looking these days? :) Could you suggest best one for 2021 Laremie. Also window deflectors if you don't mind. Thanks!
I think you mean deflector;) I highly recommend the WeatherTech...they look great...install easily and do protect the hood from stone damage.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
fdc5d8516b564c84dc25d326fd818e8a.jpg

Every vehicle I’ve ever owned has had damage that would have been covered by a deflector. For some reason, I always get something hitting me in that area. And sure enough, my deflector has marks showing impact more than bugs!! This is the first time putting on a deflector, don’t mind the look at all

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

Every vehicle I’ve ever owned has had damage that would have been covered by a deflector. For some reason, I always get something hitting me in that area. And sure enough, my deflector has marks showing impact more than bugs!! This is the first time putting on a deflector, don’t mind the look at all
Totally agree! I never buy a truck without putting a deflector on it.

Zemlyak

Reaction score

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've never had a deflector before and still on the fence putting one on my truck....

dbark

Reaction score
I'm on the fence too, been seriously considering a matte black Mopar deflector as it seems to match my grill perfectly, are there any aftermarket ones that would match a rebel grill as well?

Klicht87

Reaction score
I put them on every truck I've owned. I've had bad luck with this truck though regarding fitment. Initially went with the weathertech and didn't fit right and chewed the top of my grill up a bit. I know a lot of members here have it and like it so don't go by my word alone. I purchased that off CARID and they never responded to any of my messages for a refund so I gave up. I also tried the AVS aeroskin and although it says it doesn't fit the sport hood, it did fit but also wasn't formed the best so it lifted up. That got returned.

I'm swaying towards the MOPAR matt black deflector...just need to make a trip to the dealer.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I bought the matte black MOPAR deflector and ended up selling it. I installed it and did not like the mounting system at all. You have to place clips on the hood that the deflector screws into and the screws are then visible. As an Engineer, my OCD got the better of me as the install design is crappy at best. I have purchased two WeatherTechs for my 2019 and 2021. The install easily and just use plastic clips that replace the plastic clips that hold the weather stripping that's on the underside of the hood. No drilling...no double sided sticky tape. If you follow the instructions to a tee, you should have zero issues with the WT. I don't like the "skin" type as I think they look like poop and you have to stick them to the painted surface which I don't like at all. There are several competitors to the normal WT deflector like AVS and maybe a few others. Just my two cents as I have a ton of experience over many years using these devices and the WT has never failed me. The MOPAR OEM does look nice...it is the poor mounting system that's the big issue. Let us know what you all decide on, but it is well worth the money my friends.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Totally agree the hood deflector works as should. Also agree on the questionable install design of the MOPAR deflector, but went OEM still. My OCD accepted the design flaw, but install took a while because my OCD can be PITA sometimes🤦🏻‍♂️. Have had the deflector installed for months with no issues. Some have commented on marring from the screws, but I have had no issues with any damage to paint…yet. Only problem I ever encountered was accidentally removing the rubber bumpstop that mounts to the hood while washing the truck. There are 5 or 6 cone shaped bump stops mounted under the deflector, stuck to the hood with double sided tape (did I mention the questionable design?)…am unsure of aftermarket designs, but either way, deflectors are functionable, and almost required to protect all that real estate from damage. Good luck!

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the WT work with the sport hood? Since you all got me thinking about them now.

Zemlyak

Reaction score
So, by reading all of your comment I see following options:
Weathertech slim and regular
Mopar
AVS
Not sure about Moper but looks like Weathertech are the best? Is it really better AVS?

Users who are viewing this thread