5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brand new 23 RAM Rebel Squeaking

kumar101

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just joined the RAM family, and bought myself a brand new 2023 RAM 1500 rebel hemi. It has about 5,000 km on it. About a month ago I started to hear this chirping and squeaking from the front driver side. Really noticeable going over speed bumps and uneven surfaces.

Here is the video to the sound:

Took it to the dealership 2 times and they've loosened and tightened bolts, lubricanted stuff and nothing has seem to work.

If any of you guys had this issue or have any suggestions, anything would be helpful.

jdawgjm

Reaction score
Consider taking it to an independent shop? Another dealer?

The moving parts include the front axle, hubs, suspension (including springs, shocks, control arms, sway bar, etc). There are a bunch of bushings throughout. Sure I’m missing several :).

My point is If you can reproduce it while driving a guy a shop should be able to spend time to diagnose.

This is where many people hate the vehicle because not all dealer shops are equal. Don’t let the dealer shop paint a bad picture. Though I do recognize that many people buy vehicles because of the convenience of being able to go to a dealer shop.

Just my 2 cents, feel free to throw it out the window.

kumar101

Reaction score
Same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm taking it back to them on Thursday. I will tell them to triple check the sway bar.

The more I'm messing around, I'm starting to notice that in the dry weather it makes that sound. But if the roads are slushy/wet it doesn't... super frustrating!!

BigBuss54

Reaction score
I'm taking it back to them on Thursday. I will tell them to triple check the sway bar.

The more I'm messing around, I'm starting to notice that in the dry weather it makes that sound. But if the roads are slushy/wet it doesn't... super frustrating!!
Exactly what mine did for about 15,000 miles. It no longer does it. Brought it to the shop two times and both times they said that can’t find the problem

kumar101

Reaction score
Exactly what mine did for about 15,000 miles. It no longer does it. Brought it to the shop two times and both times they said that can’t find the problem
So, I took it.. the problem seems resolved. It was the sway bar bushing. Maybe ask them to take the sway bar completely off and take it for a quick drive to see if the noise disappears or not. It might help narrow the sound down. That's what my shop ended up doing this time.

Users who are viewing this thread