5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BRAND NEW 2020 RAM 1500 LARAMIE in shop same week

MariJuarez

Reaction score
Well, I'm frustrated to say the least. I purchased my beautiful new laramie on 3/9/2020 and it was in the shop by 3/11 because my Uconnect4 8.4 in screen kept flashing and having issues. I picked it up two days later (3/13) and supposedly after a hard reset the truck should have been working, well it worked for a little less than a week. I took my truck back on 3/19 and by this time, the screen wouldn't even turn on anymore and I noticed my cluster and FOB started having issues as well, also my truck did not beep as usual when the seatbelt wasn't on. My truck is currently STILL IN SHOP and a star case has been opened up regarding the screen, they did a few different things yesterday and said the truck needed to sit for 6-8hrs before they could see if the issue has been corrected. I have had my brand new 2020 truck for 16 days and it has been in the shop for 10 of those days, there's something seriously wrong with that picture. This is my first ram, I've always had chevy's... Is it still too early to consider my truck a lemon?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I know it can be frustrating but give them a chance to fix it right before you decide something drastic , once it’s fixed you’ll probably love it . If it does something else after then look at the lemon law . Just MO . Welcome to the forum .

MariJuarez

Reaction score
I know it can be frustrating but give them a chance to fix it right before you decide something drastic , once it’s fixed you’ll probably love it . If it does something else after then look at the lemon law . Just MO . Welcome to the forum .

I’m going to try and let them make this right... but another trip back to the shop would just about seal the deal for me. It would be different if some time had gone by and these issues started occurring, but like I mentioned... they have had my brand new ram longer than I have in the last 16 days since purchase. I was truly disappointed with the 2020 Chevy Silverados and after some research and dealership hopping I fell in love with my ram... so I’m hoping this can be made right! Thanks man

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well, I'm frustrated to say the least. I purchased my beautiful new laramie on 3/9/2020 and it was in the shop by 3/11 because my Uconnect4 8.4 in screen kept flashing and having issues. I picked it up two days later (3/13) and supposedly after a hard reset the truck should have been working, well it worked for a little less than a week. I took my truck back on 3/19 and by this time, the screen wouldn't even turn on anymore and I noticed my cluster and FOB started having issues as well, also my truck did not beep as usual when the seatbelt wasn't on. My truck is currently STILL IN SHOP and a star case has been opened up regarding the screen, they did a few different things yesterday and said the truck needed to sit for 6-8hrs before they could see if the issue has been corrected. I have had my brand new 2020 truck for 16 days and it has been in the shop for 10 of those days, there's something seriously wrong with that picture. This is my first ram, I've always had chevy's... Is it still too early to consider my truck a lemon?

Hi,
I'm very sorry to hear this. We are also available via private message if you would like any additional assistance during that process.

Alison
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread