5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brand New 1500 Ticking (With video)

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man, it sounds 100x better. I noticed the entire time I had the truck there was a “pulsing” coming from the exhaust and it’s now gone. Just that good old clean growl.

I’ll be sure to post the invoice and a video here very soon.
Awesome! Glad its fixed. Really helps me out to know this is probably the same thing happening on mine. Appreciate you posting the follow up stuff.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
That’s terrible. @RamCares could you not help with this? I’m about to go in for some warranty work. Now I’m a bit nervous 😬

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
That’s terrible. @RamCares could you not help with this? I’m about to go in for some warranty work. Now I’m a bit nervous

Dude ram cars doesn’t do anything. Everyone here’s pretty much had the same experience and it sounds like everyone’s dealers are about the same. Kick the can and YOU deal with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kkcrreed

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Been a lurker here since I bought my truck recently. Been loving it so far, aside from a persistent ticking sound that's been driving me crazy. I know the "Hemi Tick" is a thing, however coming from my 4th-gen which was silent at 100k miles it's been driving me nuts. Sounds like a card in a bike wheel even when the truck's warm, and even at higher speeds.

Here's a video I put together today after mounting a microphone to my wheel well. Any insight I can take to the dealer would be appreciated:

I tried Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W-20 with a Mobil 1 oil filter, I've tried manually shifting to disable MDS, and I've tried tow/haul mode and it still persists. Dealer said it was normal but I don't buy it. Anyway, let me know what you guys think. Thanks.
Does sound like a small exhaust leak to me.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was a hard core Chevy man for 30 years and made the jump to ram. Hope I made the right decision! 🤞🏻

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread