5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brake Pedal Noise

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I noticed a slight noise when I hit the brake pedal the last few days. I looked at pedal assembly and I can move the pedal left to right maybe a quarter inch. Is this normal?

768mph

Reaction score
I noticed a slight noise when I hit the brake pedal the last few days. I looked at pedal assembly and I can move the pedal left to right maybe a quarter inch. Is this normal?
Not normal. Get under and take a look. Maybe it’s loose (pedal bracket) and worked it way even more loose by applying the brakes. I’ve seen this done.
Rare, but happens if not tightened from the factory

Alendore

Reaction score
Not normal. Get under and take a look. Maybe it’s loose (pedal bracket) and worked it way even more loose by applying the brakes. I’ve seen this done.
Rare, but happens if not tightened from the factory

Hello,

I have the same issue. Is this something that can easily be addressed at home with some tools, or should it be brought to the dealer and claim warranty repairs?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used some white lithium greese on the linkage and is has quieted somewhat but still a little noise.

Douglas31

Reaction score
I had a noise as well and the dealer had to add grease and the noise is gone.

James Cole

Reaction score
Hello guys... do you know where to add grease to quiet the noise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/