5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla Touring System comparison vs Stock

J4U

Reaction score
Something showed up today at my door step...tomorrow it happens!
13eb148f1357a6623a39aecd6f2a9485.jpg

J4U

Reaction score
The better half saw the box delivered from the Ring app. What was that box she asked... Uh oh. Haha

She is already nervous it will be too loud and just shook her head.

J4U

Reaction score
O
M
G
I'm smiling but went to take better half to lunch and she is not...haha.

Maybe save some fuel babying the acceleration? Wow

Last edited:

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
Sounds oh so familiar, although I have the Type -S... my better half told me she'd never drive it because it was too loud. I told her good, I won't have to worry about the inevitable curb rash you always put on the wheels. :p

Reactions: J4U

J4U

Reaction score
Sounds oh so familiar, although I have the Type -S... my better half told me she'd never drive it because it was too loud. I told her good, I won't have to worry about the inevitable curb rash you always put on the wheels. :p
Even though my truck rides better than her '19 RDX Aspec, she said we will take her car on long trips. Just wish my truck would corner like hers at high speed... Haha

I am finding I am accelerating a bit slower

J4U

Reaction score
Very Cold Start and a little concerning it started doing this before the exhaust was put on

J4U

Reaction score
I'm finding myself babying the throttle around the house and in town. As a result I've seen better mpg in city driving and quite shocked. Fear of waking neighbors and scaring vehicles beside me on take off. Could be the lighter foot, but I'm thinking better overall mpg will be there.

Went on a trek I normally take a couple times a week and reset the fake mpg tracking. Quite different as I've done this before the exhaust as it's in town and a touch if interstate. Looking forward to getting on a stretch of road with no limits and see what she does.

I can say this though, even the touring is an eye opener when it comes to throttle response. Both in reaction and noise. Enjoy even the engine breaking as I'm slowing down. But man I'm getting old as I even cringe sometimes. The better half... ALWAYS

Michael_D

Reaction score
Did it lower the volume of the sound or just change the sound. Mine is too loud.
Both. But to clarify, I think the system is still too loud. Borla has totally missed the mark on the Touring system. They are pandering to children who like obnoxiously loud exhaust systems.

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
Both. But to clarify, I think the system is still too loud. Borla has totally missed the mark on the Touring system. They are pandering to children who like obnoxiously loud exhaust systems.
Thanks...appreciate the input. Hate to say but I went back to stock. I had the S-Type and way too loud. Not only loud for neighbors, but very loud in the cab for me. You helped me to not go from S to Tour to Stock.

barakutha

Reaction score
Ordered the touring and resonator, should be in this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
Looking to sell my Borla S-Type. Only used it for 12 hours! Will give great deal!! Boxed up and ready to ship. Great, but just a bit too loud for where I live.

barakutha

Reaction score
Borla touring with resonator installed today. Loving it so far.. I'll post some videos once this hurricane passes
fbcf99ac9b53bd5ec6753a7c2571a8b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread