5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla Touring System comparison vs Stock

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
I was able to click on the links above and then click on the picture down at the bottom left of the screen as that is the videos.

Unfortunately I could not really tell the difference in the video sounds. :(

RenoRam

Reaction score
I was able to click on the links above and then click on the picture down at the bottom left of the screen as that is the videos.

Unfortunately I could not really tell the difference in the video sounds. :(
I couldn't tell the sound difference from those but I'm sure there are some who would appreciate a sound clip during driving conditions. Happy to hear you like the end result.

Ddelallata

Reaction score
I couldn't tell the sound difference from those but I'm sure there are some who would appreciate a sound clip during driving conditions. Happy to hear you like the end result.
I posted a video on my own thread of the resonator on an S-type a few days ago.
Maybe I’m getting old, but quieting it down a bit has made driving my truck more enjoyable.

RenoRam

Reaction score
I posted a video on my own thread of the resonator on an S-type a few days ago.
Maybe I’m getting old, but quieting it down a bit has made driving my truck more enjoyable.
That is great! It is imperative to enjoy driving it and only you can decide on that sound that works for you!

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed the Borla Atak on my 2019 Ram limitied and it is loud as hell! This is my third Borla system and it is the loudest with this truck! Installation was about 1 and a half hours. Most have said it sounds like a hellcat!

i to have the "atak" like you

daddyo10

Reaction score
Well, all I can say is I wish I had read through this thread before ordering and installing my Borla Atak exhaust system. It is way too loud! I would advise anyone thinking of doing this mod to seriously think about not just the initial cold start and the excitement that generates but ALSO what it will be like two weeks later as you're driving your truck to pick up your kids at school, driving it to work, heading out early in the morning to go skiing or whatever...it's too loud! To each his own but for me, I enjoy driving my new Limited significantly less today than I did a few weeks ago...not the result I was looking for. I have now posted my Atak for sale and am stressing about what my next move should be. I had to use a reciprocating saw to cut out the stock system so if I go back to that, I will need to learn some welding skills. If I go to the Touring (I will not even consider the S-type) will that still be too loud? Will I regret that too? What is I go Touring and add a Borla resonator? Will that be best? Is there even a resonator option available to put on a Touring system or is it just for SType and Atak? Unlike PorBoy, I don't really give a s*** about my wife's take on it although she has expressed her opinion a number of times that it is way too loud. Anyways, stressed and not sure where to go from here. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Cheers.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Well, all I can say is I wish I had read through this thread before ordering and installing my Borla Atak exhaust system. It is way too loud! I would advise anyone thinking of doing this mod to seriously think about not just the initial cold start and the excitement that generates but ALSO what it will be like two weeks later as you're driving your truck to pick up your kids at school, driving it to work, heading out early in the morning to go skiing or whatever...it's too loud! To each his own but for me, I enjoy driving my new Limited significantly less today than I did a few weeks ago...not the result I was looking for. I have now posted my Atak for sale and am stressing about what my next move should be. I had to use a reciprocating saw to cut out the stock system so if I go back to that, I will need to learn some welding skills. If I go to the Touring (I will not even consider the S-type) will that still be too loud? Will I regret that too? What is I go Touring and add a Borla resonator? Will that be best? Is there even a resonator option available to put on a Touring system or is it just for SType and Atak? Unlike PorBoy, I don't really give a s*** about my wife's take on it although she has expressed her opinion a number of times that it is way too loud. Anyways, stressed and not sure where to go from here. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Cheers.
I got a touring i'm selling int he for sale thread...and all Borla systems are loud IMO. Even touring. But its no where near the S type or ATAK

blkv3tt3

Reaction score
What it boils down to is this.....

Exhaust sound is extremely subjective, period. I read all the posts on everyone's opinion and then went to each of the major manufacturers mentioned. (Borla, Magnaflow, Carver and Flowmaster) Listening to vendor's video/audio clips over computer sound speakers and even at my home with my home theater setup. I was able to narrow my field to Magnaflow and Borla, but that was strickly a best guess on my part. I wound up with a Borla Touring cat-back system. Magnaflow sounded good too but basically buying Borla because of the name recognition in the community of Corvette owners, which I am one.

Now after approximately 2 months of having the system on, I am in total love with the sound. I can't wait to get in my truck ('19 Limited w etorque) and listen to the startup and listening to the transmission shifting through the gears. I prefer driving my truck over driving my '15 Vette for the sound. The sound to me isn't too loud or annoying. The cold startup in the morning is noticeable to me, but my neighbor doesn't hear it. I now have on order a Borla cat-back exhaust to replace my factory set up on my Vette, which I thought the factory set up sounded good....I was wrong.

So, I still say you almost need to hear each exhaust system on a truck like yours to make an accurate conclusion. I did the best I could and did roll the dice. I am happy with my outcome.

One final note, the exhaust shop that installed my Borla system said it was one of the easiest to install, everything matched up and the tips were in perfect alignment. The tech also said the quality shows on how well built the system is and it should hold up definitely for the life of the truck. I'm again pleased with my decision and choice.

Last edited:

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What it boils down to is this.....

Exhaust sound is extremely subjective, period. I read all the posts on everyone's opinion and then went to each of the major manufacturers mentioned. (Borla, Magnaflow, Carver and Flowmaster) Listening to vendor's video/audio clips over computer sound speakers and even at my home with my home theater setup. I was able to narrow my field to Magnaflow and Borla, but that was strickly a best guess on my part. I wound up with a Borla Touring cat-back system. Magnaflow sounded good too but basically buying Borla because of the name recognition in the community of Corvette owners, which I am one.

Now after approximately 2 months of having the system on, I am in total love with the sound. I can't wait to get in my truck ('19 Limited w etorque) and listen to the startup and listening to the transmission shifting through the gears. I prefer driving my truck over driving my '15 Vette for the sound. The sound to me isn't too loud or annoying. The cold startup in the morning is noticeable to me, but my neighbor doesn't hear it. I now have on order a Borla cat-back exhaust to replace my factory set up on my Vette, which I thought the factory set up sounded good....I was wrong.

So, I still say you almost need to hear each exhaust system on a truck like yours to make an accurate conclusion. I did the best I could and did roll the dice. I am happy with my outcome.

One final note, the exhaust shop that installed my Borla system said it was one of the easiest to install, everything matched up and the tips were in perfect alignment. The tech also said the quality shows on how well built the system is and it should hold up definitely for the life of the truck. I'm again pleased with my decision and choice.

count me in also (y)

HannibalofCarthage

Reaction score
Been following this thread for a while, and thought I wanted a carven but the s type borla sounds so good to me. Hotexhaust.com looks to have the best price right now. Any other places i should check be fore i pull the trigger?

Limited_Ram

Reaction score
Been following this thread for a while, and thought I wanted a carven but the s type borla sounds so good to me. Hotexhaust.com looks to have the best price right now. Any other places i should check be fore i pull the trigger?
The S Type is awesome, you wont be disappointed. Check out Summit Racing

skol

Reaction score
Would adding the resignator reduce performance on the Borla exhaust?

Michael_D

Reaction score
I just finished installing the Touring. Dang......it's loud. I've had three Borla Touring systems on three different vehicles now (plus this ram, making it four), and this is by far the loudest of them all. And to put that into perspective, I have a Touring system on my highly modified 08 Z06 Vette with headers. I am going to try adding the resonator, I think..... Should have went with the Magnaflow system.

skol

Reaction score
I just finished installing the Touring. Dang......it's loud. I've had three Borla Touring systems on three different vehicles now (plus this ram, making it four), and this is by far the loudest of them all. And to put that into perspective, I have a Touring system on my highly modified 08 Z06 Vette with headers. I am going to try adding the resonator, I think..... Should have went with the Magnaflow system.

Oh man. Please Keep is posted on the outcome. My intentions is to get the touring along with the resonator. I like some growl but not too loud. I was debating with the magnaflow vs the Borla. Now you got me rethinking it.

delsonrun

Reaction score
I had a hard time choosing between Borla Touring and Magnaflow cat-back system too. Went with magnaflow and still think it’s a bit louder than I wanted it to be. Now I’m curious whether the Touring would’ve been even louder or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online