5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla Touring System comparison vs Stock

Klicht87

Reaction score
I noticed that my 2020 Rebel doesn't have the stock resonator on it... yep, just a straight pipe. Would anyone be able to measure how long the factory resonator is from weld to weld?
I added the borla resonator to my ATAK system on a 2021 with no front resonator. I cut at 9" from the front weld and 21" from the rear weld.

kipeharris

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in trading their stock exhaust for my Borla ProXP Muffler, with Vibrant ultra quiet resonator (can be removed), located in or around West TX, please contact me! It sounds great but, due to my job & family, I need to quiet things down!

There are some sound clips are below. It is not a cold start.

Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in trading their stock exhaust for my Borla ProXP Muffler, with Vibrant ultra quiet resonator (can be removed), located in or around West TX, please contact me! It sounds great but, due to my job & family, I need to quiet things down!
If it sounds that good, I would seriously have to consider changing jobs or getting a new family.....

c0nundrummer

Reaction score
can you take a video of a cold start up and some revs? i'm about to pull the trigger on the Touring with resonator but might consider this if it's a trade for my stock exhaust. i'm in Odessa, TX btw

kipeharris

Reaction score
can you take a video of a cold start up and some revs? i'm about to pull the trigger on the Touring with resonator but might consider this if it's a trade for my stock exhaust. i'm in Odessa, TX btw
This is not a “cold start” but you can get a rough idea of the sound with the after-market resonator. If you remove the resonator it would be louder.

Last edited:

kipeharris

Reaction score
If it sounds that good, I would seriously have to consider changing jobs or getting a new family.....
I seriously considered both 😂😂😂. Honestly it is not terribly loud but, just enough some of my hearing impaired clients struggle if they are in the back seat.

Chuck19

Reaction score

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
bringing up this topic again. I was informed yesterday about a Magnaflow or the Borla. And the guy said that replacing the stock muffler by the Borla (which I assume is a Touring) is already good enough to have a deeper tone but no drone. Leaving all the rest stock, so resonators, end tips, etc

But I am now wondering that a Borla Touring muffler replacement, after the break-in period, will actually still sound louder or deeper than stock one?

TAL2GK

Reaction score
Having replaced mine with the Borla, I was shocked at how constricting the OEM exhaust is. I'm sure you'd have improvement with just the muffler - but the full catback system is not out of place. This coming from a 51-year-old father in a white collar job that doesn't want to be mistaken for a high school kid with straight pipes.

I'm in a spot where I may need to replace my truck due to electronic issues and the one area I'd miss the most is the exhaust note mine has.

Users who are viewing this thread