5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BORA Spacer Install

Reaction score
I have a set of 1.5/2.0” spacers for my brand new Ram 1500, and reading the install info from BORA I am a little gunshy of installing them myself. I’m handy enough with tools and have a torque wrench capable of the torque needed to install. The problem is that if a qualified shop does not install them, the warranty is then voided and I would also imagine that my insurance company would fault me in the case of an accident due to failure. What say you diy gurus? Go for it or lay up and let the shop install?

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Extremely simple to install just torque them properly and they'll be perfectly fine! But if you are worried then your local tire shop should do them pretty cheap..

BORA is the best spacer you can buy, so I wouldnt be too concerned with failure or them not backing their product in the rare case something does happen. Just my 2c

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Chris VB

Reaction score
If you got a torque wrench.. save your toonies man! Look up torque spec, tighten in star pattern and your done!
Super simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Welll with that logic why not just buy wheels with the offset you want instead of using wheel spacers on that $75k truck?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I like the stock 22”s that came on the truck to begin with. Thanks for the guidance though!

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There Is no reason to be scared of using Bora spacers, they are hubcentric and top notch. If you know how to remove and install a tire you can put on the spacers yourself no problem.

Just I side note, I bring my vehicles to Discount tire for all tires and wheels and they will not put on your wheel spacers for you. So that’s something to think about

Users who are viewing this thread