5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bolt on no cut exhaust options???

puba08

Reaction score
Whoa now. It is not quiet. It’s your ANC system working. I know because I installed it and thought to myself “whoa, this is quiet”. The same day I unhooked the mics for my ANC system (thumping problem) and all of a sudden “whoa, this is not quiet”.

Awesome. Reading up on it now. Looks like I’ll try the harness for the bypass. Ty for the heads up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wsutard1

Reaction score
Awesome. Reading up on it now. Looks like I’ll try the harness for the bypass. Ty for the heads up!

Just in case you have the H/K system, I haven’t been able to find a harness that works with it. So I manually removed the wires from the plug under the seat.
Lastly, I don’t think you will like the sound that MDS makes with the Carven now that you will be able to hear it.

wsutard1

Reaction score
And, if you want to test this first just unplug the white connector going into your amp under the driver seat. That will also disable your radio sound but will let you really hear it before spending the $12 or so on a cable.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just in case you have the H/K system, I haven’t been able to find a harness that works with it. So I manually removed the wires from the plug under the seat.
Lastly, I don’t think you will like the sound that MDS makes with the Carven now that you will be able to hear it.
I added the Carven aggressive (round) muffler to the wife's Limited. It's definitely much louder than the Carven oval muffler I had on my truck. She loves it, but I can't stand how it sounds when MDS is active. In the end it's her truck. As long as she's happy with it everything is good.

puba08

Reaction score
Harness is shipped. I have the Alpine with the 8.4 in my truck so I think I’m good. Can’t wait to install. I had the fm outlaw in my last 4th Gen and loved it. Totally regretted the Carven when I installed it. Hopefully this harness helps.

puba08

Reaction score
I know all about the MDS as well. Gotta put it in 8.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So, I like an aggressive exhaust but are you really disabling the ANC so you get more noise in the cab?

puba08

Reaction score
So, I like an aggressive exhaust but are you really disabling the ANC so you get more noise in the cab?

Yes absolutely. I love loud stereos, tires and exhausts (I’m 43). I wanna hear what I paid for. I could give too sh!ts about gas mileage, so called cabin drone, tire noise (if your tires don’t make noise, they belong on a car) or waking up my neighbors (yes I get up at 2am for work daily). When I’m asleep I have to deal with their lawn mowers, snow blowers and dogs barking all day, so I think it’s a trade off.
All kidding aside, I want to hear my truck. ANC is nice idea for some and maybe me. If I don’t like the noise, I’ll unplug the harness. I doubt that will be the case though

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Yes absolutely. I love loud stereos, tires and exhausts (I’m 43). I wanna hear what I paid for. I could give too sh!ts about gas mileage, so called cabin drone, tire noise (if your tires don’t make noise, they belong on a car) or waking up my neighbors (yes I get up at 2am for work daily). When I’m asleep I have to deal with their lawn mowers, snow blowers and dogs barking all day, so I think it’s a trade off.
All kidding aside, I want to hear my truck. ANC is nice idea for some and maybe me. If I don’t like the noise, I’ll unplug the harness. I doubt that will be the case though

Loud and proud brother! I like it. Hell, I came from driving Jeeps so this truck is silent to me!

DennisY

Reaction score
For all of us that lease our trucks, but still want to enjoy hearing the Hemi eat it for the next 3 years. Is there a no-cut bolt on exhaust option that isn't a full system? I'd like a little more bark when my 22 factor order comes in, but I'd rather not spend the $1k plus on a full Borla etc cat back system for only possibly 3 years of use.

Kind of hoping you are not considering increasing the dB sound level. I live more than a half mile from a main thoroughfare here and I have to say, I do not appreciate the loud motorcycles and some modified cars/trucks that go down that street at 5 am. I can hear them here with dual pane windows closed. I can dig a good sounding exhaust system but does it need to be so loud that it wakes me up over a half mile away? Just my 2 cents.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Kind of hoping you are not considering increasing the dB sound level. I live more than a half mile from a main thoroughfare here and I have to say, I do not appreciate the loud motorcycles and some modified cars/trucks that go down that street at 5 am. I can hear them here with dual pane windows closed. I can dig a good sounding exhaust system but does it need to be so loud that it wakes me up over a half mile away? Just my 2 cents.
Dude you would dig my chopper. It has a 93 ci stroker shovelhead with the extended pipes. They are a good 10 to 12 inches long. Quiet as a church mouse.

Users who are viewing this thread