5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Body Color Bumpers

immersivenc

Reaction score
Anybody wanna show and tell that got body colored bumpers? I have them coming on my ordered truck but haven't seen many if any that had it. Seems like all the dealer's stock orders were the chrome bumpers. I like the subtlety of it and there was enough chrome elsewhere for me.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
immersivenc said:
Anybody wanna show and tell that got body colored bumpers? I have them coming on my ordered truck but haven't seen many if any that had it. Seems like all the dealer's stock orders were the chrome bumpers. I like the subtlety of it and there was enough chrome elsewhere for me.
I got them! This is my computer generated picture from the Ram website. You made a wise decision!!
263a.png
(see attachment)

Attachments

• QFKiw9mgRv2J6RnCC++6EA.jpg
    QFKiw9mgRv2J6RnCC++6EA.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 114

immersivenc

Reaction score
Slim said:
I got them! This is my computer generated picture from the Ram website. You made a wise decision!!
263a.png
(see attachment)
Now THAT is a sharp truck! And yes, great minds think alike. Is yours en route? Love to see it when it comes in.

ryelinek

Reaction score
Mine when in will look a lot like this. Granite Crystal Grey with 22” wheels and the body color bumpers.

One thing I am pretty sure I will do within the first week or two is have a “clear bra” film applied to the bumper. There are a few really good installers in Northern VA. I want to keep the painted steel up front looking as fresh as possible without having to worry about chips since it’s not chrome.

Attachments

• D29FB5CA-682A-43D1-8798-875F362CBB45.jpeg
    D29FB5CA-682A-43D1-8798-875F362CBB45.jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 163

immersivenc

Reaction score
ryelinek said:
Mine when in will look a lot like this. Granite Crystal Grey with 22” wheels and the body color bumpers.

One thing I am pretty sure I will do within the first week or two is have a “clear bra” film applied to the bumper. There are a few really good installers in Northern VA. I want to keep the painted steel up front looking as fresh as possible without having to worry about chips since it’s not chrome.
Good Idea on the film. My local tint guy does the clear stuff and I will probably go for that as well.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
+1. The paint protection film on my painted front bumper has saved it and kept it chip free in over 56,000 miles. As much as I like the no chrome look - I ended up going chrome on the RAM to mix it up a bit.

rickross

Reaction score
I picked mine up a couple of weeks back. I agree with you IMMERSIVENC, this truck with the sport package has just enough chrome and black accents to round everything out. I tried and wanted to buy a 2018, especially with the current discounts on them. I just couldn't do it after I saw this truck and sat in it. I am lucky my local dealer pieced this one together! I am loving it so far.

(see attachment)(see attachment)(see attachment)

Attachments

• 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn (1).jpg
    2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn (1).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 171
  • 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn (2).jpg
    2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn (2).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 174
  • 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn (3).jpg
    2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn (3).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 152

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
immersivenc said:
Now THAT is a sharp truck! And yes, great minds think alike. Is yours en route? Love to see it when it comes in.
I ordered on 05/07. My dealer said 6-8 weeks. My guess it will be 12 since the factory and/or shipping seems slow

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
rickross said:
I picked mine up a couple of weeks back. I agree with you IMMERSIVENC, this truck with the sport package has just enough chrome and black accents to round everything out. I tried and wanted to buy a 2018, especially with the current discounts on them. I just couldn't do it after I saw this truck and sat in it. I am lucky my local dealer pieced this one together! I am loving it so far.

(see attachment)(see attachment)(see attachment)
Beautiful truck.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
rickross said:

(see attachment)(see attachment)

rickross

Reaction score
Biga said:
Nice looking truck, that color is on the top of my list for sure.
Thanks! What I really like about it is how different it can look at different times of the day. Here are a couple picks without the direct sunlight on it. Definitely a bit darker. When the sun hits the metal flakes it really looks good.
(see attachment)(see attachment)

Attachments

• 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn (6).jpg
    2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn (6).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
  • 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn (7).jpg
    2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn (7).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 78

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wish they offered more colors for the Rebel. I get 5 choices-Billet Sliver, Bright White, Flame Red, Granite Crystal, Max Steel.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2019REBEL said:
Wish they offered more colors for the Rebel. I get 5 choices-Billet Sliver, Bright White, Flame Red, Granite Crystal, Max Steel.
I agree one hundred percent. Local lot just sold the delmonico red 2018 Rebel they had.
1f62d.png

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What is the best clear bra product? I have never used one before, but I have a delmonico red limited coming in with body colored bumpers

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I used SunTek on mine. Bumpers upper and lower, grille, 12 inches on hood(includes down front fenders too), A pillars, 12 inches across roof above windshield and on the door sills.
263a.png

sgk

Reaction score
2019REBEL said:
I used SunTek on mine. Bumpers upper and lower, grille, 12 inches on hood(includes down front fenders too), A pillars, 12 inches across roof above windshield and on the door sills.
263a.png
At that point just ask for a full wrap, I'd hate to see a preventable scratch on your doors : )

ericd

Reaction score
I put an Xpel on just the lower beige part of my Longhorn. Came out awesome and not a single chip with 70K miles (mostly highway). My previous Longhorn lower bumper got destroyed with dozens of chips.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A lot of it depends on your local installer.
I used the same guy on my '14 F150 (had chrome bumpers so only front 18" of hood/fenders got wrapped) and on my '16 F150 (Painted bumpers so hood/fenders/grill/bumper got wrapped).

He's set to do my '19 when it arrives - I have the chrome package so only on the hood/fenders. Save a lot of $$$ in PPF that way! I think my '14 had Suntek, '16 had Llumar film on it - no issues with either.

Over 100,000 miles without a rock chip between the two trucks.

mof0XPO.jpg

Oehjf78.jpg

xKsSgkC.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread