5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blind Spot Monitor - Temporarily Unavailable

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone get "Blind Spot Monitor - Temporarily Unavailable" message while driving? I got message while driving on interstate last weekend and below message popped up and orange triangles on mirrors lit up. Stayed on for a few miles then tuned off and started working. Just curious what was going on, perhaps system was rebooting or calibrating?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Anyone get "Blind Spot Monitor - Temporarily Unavailable" message while driving? I got message while driving on interstate last weekend and below message popped up and orange triangles on mirrors lit up. Stayed on for a few miles then tuned off and started working. Just curious what was going on, perhaps system was rebooting or calibrating?

We certainly understand why this would be concerning, dts828. We recommend following up with your local Ram dealer if you are not able to determine a solution based on suggestions provided here.

Mark
RamCares

PolarXJ

Reaction score
Is the truck or the sensors dirty? The manual says that is the likely reason for getting that message. If the sensors get dirty you will get that message and the triangle lights will stay on until the sensors are cleaned off. If they are not dirty at all then maybe the sensors lost connection somehow.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is the truck or the sensors dirty? The manual says that is the likely reason for getting that message. If the sensors get dirty you will get that message and the triangle lights will stay on until the sensors are cleaned off. If they are not dirty at all then maybe the sensors lost connection somehow.
I was on the highway on a 10 hour road trip, I checked and they couldn't be any cleaner when I stopped to gas up. Very strang but hasn't happened since. I suspect the computer just needed a rest... Lol... My android auto won't connect every once in a while. I come back 5-6 later and all is good.

Reaction score
I am curious if anyone else has had this issue and what the resolution was? This started happening on my 2019 ram Laramie with only 2000km on it. Was it a software fix?

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am curious if anyone else has had this issue and what the resolution was? This started happening on my 2019 ram Laramie with only 2000km on it. Was it a software fix?
I'm the original poster, for me this was a one time issue and hasn't happened again since I made this thread.

Reaction score
I'm the original poster, for me this was a one time issue and hasn't happened again since I made this thread.

Thanks dts. I was hoping I would have the same scenario as you but it has done it 3 days in a row. The forward collision then turns off as well and I lose front camera functionality when using the surround camera. I also notice that when I turn off the car when I have this issue, it doesn’t turn off and stays on ACC. The only way to turn off the car is to start it again and then quickly hit off.

RamCares

Reaction score

Sorry for the trouble, @5thGenDiamondBlack! We kindly recommend following up with our Canadian Customer Care team for further support. You may either call 1-800-361-3700 or submit your info at https://forms.chryslercanada.ca/contact/en/contactCCI.php?brand=dodge to receive an email follow up.

Mark
RamCares

Reaction score
My issue seems to have been resolved by the dealer after they cleared all the error last week. They did order a new battery sensor as well which they said was likely causing the voltage spikes and installed that today.

Hopefully that is the last of the electrical issues.

blueticks

Reaction score
With my 2019 Ram Laramie. It starts out very intermittent and worsens over time. It affects more than just the blind spot monitor as well. My radio will cut out and in, my front door windowa won't work or work intermittently, Heated/cooled seats are inop and its difficult to adjust any environmental controls. I took my 2019 Ram into the dealer for the first time 3 months ago. The trouble shot for 3 days and chased it down to a faulty module in the drivers side door. Changed it and it was fine for a short period. It has since returned. I am visiting my dealership for the second time for the same issue. Again the technician downloaded 27 pages of fault codes that were saved in the computer. Now they are talking to engineers at Chrysler and a lead mechanic for the region. They think at this point, it may be a bad wire bundle that was installed in many 2019 and 2020 ram trucks according to my service manager. I hope they can nail this down to a hard fault and swap out what ever is confusing or burning up these modules. I will try and keep this thread posted as I get information. Keep and eye on your information panel. If it worsens and other things like heated/cooled seats are inop, radio cuts out and in front driver/passenger windows work intermittently are examples of further degradation. If so, take it into your dealer and have them look into it. So glad I bought the extended warranty with this truck. Good luck.

Fatherof3

Reaction score
With my 2019 Ram Laramie. It starts out very intermittent and worsens over time. It affects more than just the blind spot monitor as well. My radio will cut out and in, my front door windowa won't work or work intermittently, Heated/cooled seats are inop and its difficult to adjust any environmental controls. I took my 2019 Ram into the dealer for the first time 3 months ago. The trouble shot for 3 days and chased it down to a faulty module in the drivers side door. Changed it and it was fine for a short period. It has since returned. I am visiting my dealership for the second time for the same issue. Again the technician downloaded 27 pages of fault codes that were saved in the computer. Now they are talking to engineers at Chrysler and a lead mechanic for the region. They think at this point, it may be a bad wire bundle that was installed in many 2019 and 2020 ram trucks according to my service manager. I hope they can nail this down to a hard fault and swap out what ever is confusing or burning up these modules. I will try and keep this thread posted as I get information. Keep and eye on your information panel. If it worsens and other things like heated/cooled seats are inop, radio cuts out and in front driver/passenger windows work intermittently are examples of further degradation. If so, take it into your dealer and have them look into it. So glad I bought the extended warranty with this truck. Good luck.
Welcome to the forum . Have they done the ground recall on your truck ?

blueticks

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . Have they done the ground recall on your truck ?
They you mean Chrysler? No. Since this message I am on my THIRD visit to the dealer for the same problem. Now they have kept my truck for 10 days telling me they need more time.

blueticks

Reaction score
They you mean Chrysler? No. Since this message I am on my THIRD visit to the dealer for the same problem. Now they have kept my truck for 10 days telling me they need more time.
By the way sry I missed this

Fatherof3

Reaction score
By the way sry I missed this
Yes I meant Chrysler . There was a ground wire recall on some Rams but you’d think they would’ve done that if it’s been in 3 times already . That’s what it sounds like to me though ( a grounding issue ) since everything you mention is electrical .

blueticks

Reaction score
Yes I meant Chrysler . There was a ground wire recall on some Rams but you’d think they would’ve done that if it’s been in 3 times already . That’s what it sounds like to me though ( a grounding issue ) since everything you mention is electrical .
Been a while since I posted. Thanks for the advice by the way. So just to update in case you are curious. On my third visit, the dealership, after 3 weeks of trouble shooting, determined it was the radio causing my problems. The replaced the radio and I picked it up the next day. Exactly 2 days later....Ding ding ding, blind spot unavailable service required. everything controlled through the radio was turned off or intermittent. Windows would not work either. Sitting in my driveway totally pissed at this moment and wondering how I can sue for this; I opened my door with the engine running. As luck would have it, the chime stopped, my controls worked on the radio and the windows went up and down. Shut the door and the warning returned., I did this a few times, wiggled the wire harness going from my door to the chassis. Silencio for about a week. When it returned, I repeated my efforts 2 more times than video recorded what was happening om the third event. I went in and showed the service manager and mechanic. He took the truck back in and studied the harness. They found 2 pins in a connector that were loose enough to fit sloppy in the connector. They actually duplicated the problem. They have ordered me a new harness and will install on Monday. Hopefully I have stumbled across my ghost and this will fix the issue I have chased for 14 months. Boils down to...a blind dog finding a bone I guess. Even the mechanic said, while shooting wires, he never moved the door from its full open position. What he said was, the door modules, both left and right, were showing the doors open all the time. Hope this might help someone else in the future.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Mine gave me that warning once. I then proceeded to turn my head and look over my shoulder.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine gave me that warning once. I then proceeded to turn my head and look over my shoulder.
Kind of what I was thinking. BSM seems to be high on a lot of people's list of must-haves. I could take it or leave it myself. Having said that, I would make sure it got fixed if I was having this problem. I just don't like seeing error messages and unexpected lights..

Fatherof3

Reaction score
Kind of what I was thinking. BSM seems to be high on a lot of people's list of must-haves. I could take it or leave it myself. Having said that, I would make sure it got fixed if I was having this problem. I just don't like seeing error messages and unexpected lights..
For me it’s the rear cross path detection , it just happens to come with BSM . The rear cross path detection detects pedestrians as well as vehicles .

Adielramirez

Reaction score
We certainly understand why this would be concerning, dts828. We recommend following up with your local Ram dealer if you are not able to determine a solution based on suggestions provided here.

Mark
RamCare
hi there where you able to resolve the problem with blind sensors????

Users who are viewing this thread