5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BLACK or RED Grill Emblem ???

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I may stick with this one (similar to the TRX concept). Just took the red dipped letters and placed a matter black overlay "RAM" decals on them. Now I have both Red and Black.
That really looks sharp. The best choice in my opinion.
I might be doing that in the spring when the winter front comes off.
Has anybody tried the Por 15 calliper paint, available in 5 colours and good for up to 500 degrees, it’s a lot cheaper than the G2 paint.
What kind of paint did you use for the hooks? Or the name brand of plastic dip if it’s what you used.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
That really looks sharp. The best choice in my opinion.
I might be doing that in the spring when the winter front comes off.
Has anybody tried the Por 15 calliper paint, available in 5 colours and good for up to 500 degrees, it’s a lot cheaper than the G2 paint.
What kind of paint did you use for the hooks? Or the name brand of plastic dip if it’s what you used.
I agree with you my friend...it does look super sharp:love:

Ksiegel9

Reaction score
They are...they add a little sporty touch to them. They also protect them from rust and looking dull. I paint the calipers on all my vehicles. I usually paint them red and they DO stand out without being too tacky. I've also done black, which doesn't stand out as much but still looks good if you like the more subdued look. With the wheels back on, they add a little color without being too overbearing. Just do it. I highly recommend the G2 brand which is epoxy based and requires a little mixing. The paint can looks small but it's more than enough to do all 4 and I usually put on about 3 or 4 coats. Once mixed you have about a couple of hours before the paint starts to harden (have everything prepared before painting...I just go around in a circle with the calipers and after each round the next one should be ready for the next coat, etc.). I also use my own brush that you can get from Home Depot or hobby shops for a buck or two....the brush that comes with the kit sucks, the bristles constantly fall off and get into the paint can. Never had any issues with this brand like chipping, fading, etc. They also carry a lifetime warranty and have the highest temperature rating that I could find for caliper paint. Duplicolor caliper paint, which is ceramic based, tends to chip and peel off after about a year or so. I only use the G2 brand (they only have the brushed-on paint so far, no spray paint). No need to take off the calipers.

Attached are some during and after painting.
Are those the stock calipers? Just painted? Or did u get bigger ones maybe SSBC Performance Brake Systems?

Bookemdano

Reaction score
I like the red. I really like the blacked out rams, but a touch of color here and there works for me.

I want to do some of the same things with mine, but in blue. My truck is maximum steel, so in the right light, it looks kinda blue. XD I'd like some dark blue accents to go with it, but I don't know how to go about it.

Gandalfgrey

Reaction score
I bought some good quality vinyl overlays in Mopar B-5 Blue from Reflective concepts i wanted to be different. Mine is Granite crystal

Attachments

• 894BAAD2-71B5-4F47-93A2-A38DD57196DC.jpeg
    894BAAD2-71B5-4F47-93A2-A38DD57196DC.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 3CE0417A-EBCD-4CF3-8C5E-0807EE8823DE.jpeg
    3CE0417A-EBCD-4CF3-8C5E-0807EE8823DE.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 40

Users who are viewing this thread