5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Lug Nuts

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
They are not the same. If you live in a wet/snowy climate, those Amazon lug nuts will rust.
Disagree. The ones I purchased are dual coated and corrosion protected. McGard is just a name and their quality is no where what it used to be and they rust too. It's far easier to see on their chrome lugs which rust like crazy after a year. I would bet that the Amazon lugs will look just as good for just as long as the McGard's at less than half the cost.

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Disagree. The ones I purchased are dual coated and corrosion protected. McGard is just a name and their quality is no where what it used to be and they rust too. It's far easier to see on their chrome lugs which rust like crazy after a year. I would bet that the Amazon lugs will look just as good for just as long as the McGard's.
The Amazon lug nuts are painted and scratch too easily. There are lots of reviews showing rusted lug nuts after just a few months. McGard black lug nuts are black chrome and are a lot more scratch/rust resistant. They are guaranteed not to rust.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
The Amazon lug nuts are painted and scratch too easily. There are lots of reviews showing rusted lug nuts after just a few months. McGard black lug nuts are black chrome and are a lot more scratch/rust resistant. They are guaranteed not to rust.
And there are tons of lug nuts on Amazon. I am stating that the ones I bought, and researched, are very high quality. Your money, spend it how you like. Just giving an option.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wasn’t saying buy that one, more of an example. But, if someone wants to spend $200 on lug nuts it’s up to them not me. I wish I had that kind of money but I’m spending it all on gas. 😂

Idahoktm

Reaction score
There is another thread on this. You can buy these...many of us have them and they are fantastic:

I just bought a set of Rebel Night Edition wheels/tires to have for a winter set. I figured I would just use my stock chrome lug nuts or the McGard spline type lug nuts I bought for my aftermarket wheels. Well, both of those looked ridiculous, so I decided to check out the Amazon lug nuts that you recommended. I bought these instead of the ones in your link because they're the same length as the stock lug nuts. They look exactly the same, so I'm guessing they're made in the same Chinese factory. They were even cheaper than the lug nuts in your link and I am pleasantly surprised by the quality. I've got to admit, you were right. (y) I should know better than judging something that I've never used before...see what I did there? ;) I will say, the Amazon lug nuts are painted vs the McGards being plated, so I think they will chip really easily. I do my own tire rotations, so I'm not worried about them being abused by an impact gun.

20221126_114639.jpg

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just bought a set of Rebel Night Edition wheels/tires to have for a winter set. I figured I would just use my stock chrome lug nuts or the McGard spline type lug nuts I bought for my aftermarket wheels. Well, both of those looked ridiculous, so I decided to check out the Amazon lug nuts that you recommended. I bought these instead of the ones in your link because they're the same length as the stock lug nuts. They look exactly the same, so I'm guessing they're made in the same Chinese factory. They were even cheaper than the lug nuts in your link and I am pleasantly surprised by the quality. I've got to admit, you were right. (y) I should know better than judging something that I've never used before...see what I did there? ;) I will say, the Amazon lug nuts are painted vs the McGards being plated, so I think they will chip really easily. I do my own tire rotations, so I'm not worried about them being abused by an impact gun.

View attachment 144661
I think I'll try these too.

Where did you get the black lockers from? OEM?

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I think I'll try these too.

Where did you get the black lockers from? OEM?
They are identical in size and shape to the OEM chrome lug nuts. Can't beat the price.

The locks are McGard. They are smaller in diameter than the stock lug nuts, so you can see a little bit of silver at the base of the lug hole.

Users who are viewing this thread