5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black interior in a HOT weather climate - anyone?

DesertRat

Reaction score
I am only finding 1500's with black interiors and I live in AZ where it is often 115 degrees in the summer. Should I even consider a black interior or should I run away fast and scrub the idea out of my head and at least find grey or something else?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I am only finding 1500's with black interiors and I live in AZ where it is often 115 degrees in the summer. Should I even consider a black interior or should I run away fast and scrub the idea out of my head and at least find grey or something else?
if you look over the window sticker of the trucks of members here most are all black interiors.

ceramic tint to all the windows and windshield seems to be the way to go.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
I live in Arkansas. Lots of days over 100 degrees in the summer with relative humidity over 90%. Black interior is not really a problem. Most of our vehicles have them. We just need to make sure and close the sunroof shade when we get out. And on our older vehicles, we leave a window open about an inch. The factory tint on the windows is usually enough. But if we buy something without factory tint, we have high-quality tint installed.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
It gets plenty hot in Southern California in the Summer, too. The black interior is not a problem. The AC is. It takes a while to really kick in. I suppose if I got n the habit of using the remote start, it would be okay. It would have time to cool. My truck is white, which I suspect helps a lot.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Only issue I have here in Florida is the part of the limited steering wheel that is wood look (feels more like plastic to me) gets super hot after sitting in the sun all day, but it’s because of the material not the color.

Mitymojo

Reaction score
I live in AZ as well. I went with the beige interior for the reasons you mentioned. Not easy to find but it was a priority for me.

FN-2187

Reaction score
I have a limited and live in AZ. Between the ventilated seats and the AC we were fine this year. Just gotta make sure to keep the sunroof closed and get a sun shade.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Black interior here in Florida. Ceramic tint all the windows including the windshield to keep the heat down. Zero regrets getting black interior wouldn’t have it any other way unless I went longhorn brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Essbaum

Reaction score
Texas here. Also get in the habit of using a good windshield shade.

milrad

Reaction score
Here in TX our inspection/registration sticker gets mounted on the lower left inside of the windshield. When replacing this sticker in July on my F-150 I actually got a mild burn on the back of my hand from the black dash. It was avoidable-I could have just covered it first, but I didn't realize it got that hot. This is a company truck, so no film on the windshield. Black is generally ok as long as you don't need to touch any parts that have been in the sun without window film!

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
South Florida here, My truck is a night edition so its all black but being a Big Horn ive found that the cloth seats never get hot. Truck only has factory tint at the moment. I dont see 115 degree days here though, maybe high 90's tops since i got it. If you dont mind losing some features maybe look for a black big horn .The steering wheel however, that does get hot.

BigHerm611

Reaction score
I live in Louisiana and ceramic tinted all the glass. My truck is fine to drive. The ceramic tint made all the difference, without it, I think the truck would be an oven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you can find one with the lighter interior definitely go for it.

My wife and I both go for the lighter interiors and it does make a difference.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Get your windows tinted and buy a quality windshield shade. I lived in Phoenix for 20 years and I had black interior the entire time and never had any issues.

I've only had one vehicle with tan interior and the only difference I noticed from black interior was that it was ugly. 🤣

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No issues here in Florida. Windows tinted 5% plus I religiously use the sun visor anytime my truck is parked outside...even at night lol.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It gets plenty hot in Southern California in the Summer, too. The black interior is not a problem. The AC is. It takes a while to really kick in. I suppose if I got n the habit of using the remote start, it would be okay. It would have time to cool. My truck is white, which I suspect helps a lot.
Are you rolling the windows down initially to let that excess heat out? I've found it helps significantly in cooling the cabin faster.

Users who are viewing this thread