5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black interior in a HOT weather climate - anyone?

Black interior is not a problem, for me the steering wheel is the problem. The plastic section on top of the wheel gets so hot when sitting I can touch it.
Tom

I've been having this same debate with myself. My current DD has black leather seats which are only heated - not ventilated - and they get miserably hot on sunny days. The back sweat is real. But, they're "sport" seats which really hug you and I'm sure that's part of the problem. I've thought about going back to cloth when I go back to a truck for this reason. Cloth is warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. Some say ventilated seats help but I test drove a Laramie this summer and I could barely feel them on. Plus, Big Horn vs Laramie saves money and you can option a Big Horn with most of the same options.

Depending on the hood you are in cracking the windows by just an inch for at least two of the windows does wonders to keep the interior from scalding hot to a medium rare hot.

Then you A/C doesn’t have quite the heat load to over come when you get in.

I've been having this same debate with myself. My current DD has black leather seats which are only heated - not ventilated - and they get miserably hot on sunny days. The back sweat is real. But, they're "sport" seats which really hug you and I'm sure that's part of the problem. I've thought about going back to cloth when I go back to a truck for this reason. Cloth is warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. Some say ventilated seats help but I test drove a Laramie this summer and I could barely feel them on. Plus, Big Horn vs Laramie saves money and you can option a Big Horn with most of the same options.
Something must have been wrong with those ventilated seats. Mine are very noticeable even wearing jeans.

Something must have been wrong with those ventilated seats. Mine are very noticeable even wearing jeans.
Maybe so. I could hear them running full blast but hardly anything was coming out and I was wearing shorts. It was brand new on the lot so who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back